AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Yorkshire (Leeds)
This is a prototype concept of the Amiga 1280 Commodore USA are considdering

a6db4cda.jpg

i do like it but CUSA dropped those plans a long time ago:(

there was a black version of this doing the rounds a few years ago that looked even better:nod:

shame they went all Mac Mini look instead:(

It looks pretty cool.

I took a quick look at their site, but, couldn't find this machine there. Was this supposed to run AmigaOS 4 or is it some kind of emulation platform?

Huh, that one they actually left the artist attribution on. Sent the artist an email anyway just to be sure...

Wouldnt be the first time ive had my wires crossed. If i won big on the euromillions id comission it haha

Commodore USA seems kind of unpopular here. I'm not sure of the details, but, it's a shame really.

Seems like they at least appear to be building stuff with the name. Has anyone here bought anything from them?

To make a long story short, CUSA have spent a lot of time alternately courting and abusing the Amiga community despite repeated assurances that they're not trying to market to the Amiga community, because very few people out in the real world want to pay vast amounts of markup just to have Commodore or Amiga-branded PCs. They also don't have much of a clue when it comes to actually building the things; multiple iterations of the "C64x" have had severe cooling problems due to poor design, and their new "Amiga Mini," as specced, can't actually be powered by the PSU they claim they're putting in it. And on top of all that, now they're trying to start a reseller scam where they sell empty etched Mini cases with Blu-Ray drives and leave assembly, sale, installation, and support of the rest of the computer to whoever's dumb enough to buy in. Don't have anything to do with them.

It's strange. CUSA's website until recently had a link to future models of Amigas which used HTPC cases made a company called Karma, the TF range. But the cases are no longer on the Karma website.

In the CUSA forums there were also links to design concepts using other HTPC case (by Silverstone I think) asking for input from Amiga users. Their strategy seems a little sketchy IMHO.

It's awesome.
It would be nice if this case could be sold naked and suitable for a real A1200 mobo and every major upgrades, including an internal CD drive.

This is a gorgeous looking case and even if it was just a pc running emulation, at the end of the day it would run up to 3.9 and also have ability to run linux/windows/mac...
Shame it would be so outrageously expensive for the privelage of having the word amiga on it...

Wondered how long it'd take them to rip off an Amiga design :LOL:

I've actually been thinking of a few similar designs plus a few desktop "boxes", but not for encasing Amigas; the classics are beautiful as they are already. The question is, would there be enough people interested in say, hosting a micro-itx mobo or even a Pi in one? Guess i'll have to open a new thread and see what you people think soon.. :)

Back
Top Bottom