Review: Dreamcast

Still have my dreamcast, and a stack of games....however my fav title is Twinkle Star Sprites....By far the DC had the best version of this.... The Neo version came with all th slo down of the arcade parent, the Saturn had a nice intro but still had tons of slow down. The dreamcast was in my opinion close to a perfect game. 9.8 out of 10 but thats only down to some of the sound effects being a little to cuty for me.

Also loved the 18 Wheeler and Vanishing Point.

Had mine 13 YEARS and 4 months!!! :wooha:

---------- Post added at 00:13 ---------- Previous post was at 00:09 ----------

Ahh the Dreamcast, I really regret selling my original setup, I always kept it boxed as new even all the little baggies for the accesories. Same with my N64 and you guessed it, sold that too :(

The good news is I since bought new ones from car boot sales but it's not the same, well to me anyway but of course the DC is a great system and I have fond memories playing MSR and Soul Calibur into the early hours if the morning then still having to get up for School/Work :coffee:

I say that was my first DC, in fact I bought a Japanese one from Computer Exchange due to the long wait we had in the UK, but I sold it a few weeks before UK release :LOL:

Anyway, great review :bowdown:

Nothing worse than pining for consoles you've let go of :(

The Jap ones are best IMO, games were still being released in Japan LONG after it died here. It had something like another 4 years over there and ofcourse you can run them on UK voltage by swapping the internal PSU (y).

My Dreamcast is pretty much the only console I own that I have never sold and bought back at some point. My only regret is letting go of the box after about 4 years. :(

Would be awesome if anyone could set up a server to setup all the Dreamcasts online games features again. I miss trading my winning cans from Shenmue in for goodies!

Strongly agree. I've no idea how to go about this. Gathering a comprehensive guide to all the ways all the different Dreamcast model/regional varations (with both Dial up Modem/BBA alike) can get online would be a probably the first step, but I've no experience with it whatsoever. Sounds like a project that could require its own wiki.

Speaking as a new member to the Dreamcast ownership club this thread has been a treat for recommendations. Thanks everyone for contributing (y)

I was just informed the other day by my youngest son that the dreamcast
just stopped working..
I got my 2 boys one when it first came out for Christmas and I think it
only got about a years rest till my son found all the games again..
My fav was Soul Calibur,Soul reaver,Dead or Alive 2...

:coffee:

@ Chris... To quote your sig... "Never Bin or sell your old computer's you will regret it!!" That includes the Dreamcast matey! These too will be retro and much sought after some day! (y)

A great machine let down by Sega being snobby and not getting third party companies involved more.

Back
Top Bottom