Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Hi,

In order to make it easier for you to post pictures with your offers and avoid off-site links that can create issues for others, I am going to explain how to add pictures to your posts.

Basically, there are two methods, depending on where your picture is located.

If your picture is on a site such as Photobucket, you can click the 'Insert Image' icon (the little button with a picture of a mountain and the sun in it) and paste the URL link to your Photobucket image there.

If the picture is on your hard drive, then use the 'Manage Attachments' button located under the text window, browse to the pictures you want to add by using the browse buttons, then click 'Upload Picture' to send them to our server. Once they have been sent, a 'Close Window' button will appear and you can close the file browser.

Once you have all of the pictures you want selected, click 'Submit New Thread' (or 'Submit New Post', if you are not the thread starter) and that's it!

Hi, sorry for the dumb question but it's been a while since posting.

I'm trying (but so far could not) to post a thread with thumbnails which if clicked open to large version of the pictures.

I've tried the method you suggest above and the pictures get added to the post in large size, if I resize them with the thread editor they then become small even when clicked.

I'm using postimg, if I copy the link for their thumbnails, then only the thumbnails are displayed in the thread, even when clicking.

Would you have any suggestion?

Many thanks ?

JJS

You can Copy and Paste images directly into the threads.

Have you tried that?

You can Copy and Paste images directly into the threads.

Have you tried that?

I was still thinking about the old forum where attachments space was at a premium and it was better to attach links...
I'll try copying and paste, but I noticed one thing: in many threads (such as this one from you) you managed to put small images that open into large when clicked; may I ask how did you do it?

Thanks.

At the moment we have plenty of space for attachments so you aren't forced to use links.

I can't remember how they were attached but I'll add a couple to this thread.

Copy and Paste
1660170392076.jpeg

Attach image - Insert as thumbnail

IMG_2600.JPG

Back
Top Bottom