Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Desktop 1200 PPC Upgrades, a picture story.

Country
    Austria
    Region:
    Vienna
    Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by stachu100 View Post
    Good idea. Adding an external load of 0,5 - 1 Ohm and connect all 3,3V lines together (one of them is 3,3V sensing line) should be fine.?
    K, thx. Will try that next week.

Quote Originally Posted by stachu100 View Post
    Yes: shorter cables and lack of power plug in between (lower resistance).
    K, but the power cable isnt that large and the plug itself shouldnt be much of a resistor. I like to try it outside the A1200 first cause of the thermal problems which would be connected with the CorePSU (there is already the BVision and the BPPC board as some huge thermal source inside my Amiga ). If it wont work stable, then I install it internal.

---------- Post added at 09:54 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rkauer View Post
    The pico-PSU comes in at least three "flavours": 60, 90 & 120W.

All rails are regulated but the 12V, which is passed through and must be provided with from the external power source (with loads of Àmperes, where "loads" means more than 15).

Remember the external 12V source must provide it regulated and stabilized, too.
    Hey rkauer,

there are some PicoPSU with 125 W and 150 W. But I should use the one with 120 W i presume?

And thx for the help with the external PSU. I will get one with 12 V and at least 15 Ampere (if I cant solve the problem with the existing PSUs)

Country
    Poland
    Region:
    mazowieckie
    Feedback
    349 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RacingDaysR View Post
    but the power cable isnt that large and the plug itself shouldnt be much of a resistor.
    U=I*R
    Assuming that A1200+BPPC+BVPPC+some other stuff inside consumes about 7A peak and resistance of cable+plug+cooper tracks from power plug to BPPC is just 0,1Ohm the result is stunning...

Country
    United States
    Region:
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Feedback

Default I need to revive my own system!

that is what I need to do to my very basic A1200D!

Country
    Australia
    Region:
    Maitland, NSW
    Feedback
    124 (100%)

What an incredible thread, kudos to the OP and his mates helping along the way. I know this is an "old" thread, but its new to me Love all the photos!

My journey so far with my 2 A1200's have had similarities...recapping (the smell from leaked caps - ewwww), playing with the Blizzard PPC card.....that frustrating BVision card, and its burning hot chips (some people report no heat on them....not mine! simple heatsink isnt enough to keep the heat to a reasonable level). The new Indivision MkII CR just squeezes in with the BVPPC without modification, and the new EZKey also works with the Indi CR without modification.

My case modification has been limited to squeezing 1 A1200 into a desktop Digital PC case (we all should remember that brand!)...and the other A1200 original desktop bodging the hole for the CF card above the PCMCIA slot. Im waiting on OS4.x to give that a run soon

Some great ideas for locating various connectors inside the original case, some good cooling ideas, some impressive new and old casework too!

I know its been a long while since it started, has the OP persisted with the project or moved on?
    Ash

A1200 ACA1221, A600 ACA620/Vampire II Black, A500 ACA500+ and Vampire, A2000 Recreated, C64 Reloaded - some always work in progress, i.e. not in their casing!

Country
    Germany
    Region:
    Saxony
    Feedback
    54 (98%)

Hi mate!

very nice Work! I want do build something like this. But the very important question is: which pico-psu did you used, and how you connected it. Have you some hints for me please ?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112