Closed old xbox mod's UK (basic stuff) "not 360"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShambleS1980

Softmodder/Tsoper/Repairer of old xboxes.
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Country
Wales
Region
Gwynedd
POST EDIT!! -=NEW SIMPLE PRICING=-

ok.
back now doing this sorta stuff again.
and now with mod chips back in stock.
not that much to tell really. just took a lot longer to get up and running again than was expected. (had worke done on a house, moved house, work done to this house, still need to re render the outside but im good to go now.)

--- note for all to read ---
Hi.
decided to spread the joys of the classic xbox.
i sold lots of these things now and some people have decided to come and re order so i dont think il be listing any more for sale as i will probably only be making them to order from now on..
--- end ---

"STOCK"
some aladin advance xt plus 2 "£10each or £13 installed"
"remeber to add postage"

3x 160gb hard disks (fully checked passed all tests 100%) "£16 for the drive."
"send me your eeprom.bin and il prep and softmod a hard disk or your xbox without you having to send it.. or if your hard modded il prep the disk ready for you) "remember to add postage"

40 or so stock 8/10gb hard disks (i will fully test them as needed. but all seem fine) "£2 per drive. + £5 install fee"

(hard disk upgrades.. obviously you can supply your own hard disk if you have one.)
"a hard disk prepped and installed is £5 if you supply the drive. this includes a softmod to a unmodded box + disk upgrade option"

on the way.
10x 160gb drives

-- the service offered --

I have decided that the best way to spread the joys of the king of consoles. is to offer moding services.. (see the list of what i will do)
Obviosuly i will also price up consoles made to order, this should work out cheaper than me making them 1st then selling them after as i wont have to charge as much due to having money tied up in 6-7 consoles and needing to actualy eat and feed the baby.

-what i wont do--
i wont be doing ram upgrades "time consuming and fiddely,"
I wont do cpu upgrades
and with my overclocking experiments boards die fast so i wont be doing that either..

--What i will do--
I will tsop flash. (£8 with no chip installed. or (£17 dual boot with aladin)
"the £8 fee will pay for the work i did, so no additional gift payment is needed unless you feel you want to or more work was done.
the £8 fee is like an insurance policy so if the tsop gets corrupted i will install a chip so the xbox works. I have only ever had 1 tsop corupt, but it can happen so thats the cost"

hard disk upgrades (decided that people were being crasy with gift payments so i am setting a fixed price of £5 for a drive install. "if you supply the drive" if you buy the drive from me its free)

softmods. (same as a drive install people went crasy with gifts so its now set at £5)

I will happily repair boxes with dead hard drives. (again with the crazy gifts. this is considerd a hard disk upgrade so same pricing)

i will unlock stock hard drives that you have from a dead xbox. (this service is probably only really worth while if you have a lot of drives. most will have to be 100% wiped to unlock. )

i will look at faulty dvd players. although if its dead its dead.. (gift what you feel it was worth)

Il remove the clock cap for you. and clean up any issues that may have already happend. if the xbox wont boot without a clock cap. (have seen it happen) then i will move the cap above a controller port via kaynar wire and encase it in epoxy. this will prevent damage to the board if the cap leaks. check for dangerous foxlink psu's and rectify the error,
Sticky tray dvd's will be fixed when i find them.
(standard work done to all consoles. feel free to gift some money for this service, but it is not expected.)

Il repair traces that lead to xboxes automatically turning on and the dvd ejecting by its self excetera. "£2"

if you have an xbox with a dead hard disk and just want a standard xbox hard disk its £2 for a stock hard disk + £5 for the install "£7 total".
or i can put a larger hard disk in there. " a 160gb installed would be £16"
or if you send a hard disk to install in it "£5"

i will also add usb port(s) to an xbox if requested (£2 per port max 2 ports per consol. port 1 and 4 used as default can request any port. the game ports will still work)

I will attempt to repair broken controllers (i cant fix all controllers) but will offer to convert some broken controllers to usb if you wanted a usb port added.
(feel free to gift whatever you belive the work was worth)

if you need a 1.6 xbox chipped i have aladin chips.
(i will also offer softmods for 1.6's)

softmoded boxes are treated like a disk upgrade so £5 for a basic softmod install thats the same price if you want to softmod the stock hard disk, or upgrade at the same time (i would definatly rather upgrade than softmod the stock)

i will happily add software to the hard disks for free because thats how much i pay for the software my self. (free. this just takes time to add the software please dont send me any money for software. the software is FREE)

----more to read + PRICING PLAN---

if you send me an xbox to be softmodded/hard disk repaired/upgraded and at the same time i notice the xbox can be flashed then i will ask you if you want it Tsop flashed,

The pricing in general is prety simple though.
you have to cover the postage both ways and then the costs stated.

if you have a dead xbox with bad hard disk, and you want to softmod it and have a hard disk upgrade All you pay is for the hard disk upgrade. It is all the same job in reality..

It is not:
broken hdd replace : £5 (drive you supply)
Softmod install : £5
total = £10..

It is..
Brokend hdd replace with softmod "£5" (drive you supply
)

if you only wanted a mod chip installed, and nothing els. then you only need to pay postage and the stated installed price of the mod chip.

Any aditional work takes up time and effort, "cap removal, psu check and so on"
but i dont really mind. so you dont have to gift me any thing. but if you do decide to gfit something for my time please dont go crazy about it.
(honestly i have had to re work this whole thing with actuall prices now because people keep gifting me stupid amount of money.. it was only ever ment to be a drink or 2, not a bottle of finest 20 year old single malt..)
So please dont make me try and figure out a price for these basic checks i do.. really they are only worth a drink or 2 at the most. and i dont mind doing them free. it means that the console will last longer and i wont have to repair it again.

I have updated this post because some people gifted quite a lot of money.
Granted it was 3 days work. but I thought i would add some prices.

I wont be adding a maximum gift payment accepted option incase people assume that its something that i expect to see. it really is a gift for my work if you dont want to pay a gift then its not expected.. its just allowed.

Im on skype as
GarrySham

you can message me on there if you like but im usualy here and will reply to Private messages.

or you can email me on my android phone email
shambles1980@gmail.com

Any questions feel free to ask.

can provide a home phone number upon request.

If your xbox has an issue that is not listed in the what i will do. and is also not in the what i wont do section. tell me what the issue is and il let you know if i think i can fix it.

Last edited:
I would love it if my clear green Xbox could be mod chipped and soft modded, if that's possible? I have been meaning to do it myself but time has gotten in the way...

Tokyo, if it's mod chipped you don't need it soft modded matey. The mod chip allows all the soft mod does and more. Or an alternative is to reflash the onboard tsop which is basically the same as a mod chip. The only advantage I can see for a mod chip over a tsop flash is dual bios ie hacked and original but since Xbox live no longer works with the original Xbox there is no need for the original bios

I would love it if my clear green Xbox could be mod chipped and soft modded, if that's possible? I have been meaning to do it myself but time has gotten in the way...

your clear green xbox is a v1.2
It can be tsop flashed.
Same thing as a mod chip "virtualy" unless your talking about executer 3 or similar with a LCD display. the diference is un noticable.

the mod chips i install will all be installed as always on Unless specificaly asked not to always be on.

but like i said your green xbox "like mine" is a 1.2 and can be tsoped.
Happy to do it if you want it done.

Thanks in advance to ShambleS1980, I've sent some funds for an HD etc and will be sending my crystal xbox to him in a day or two.

cheers! :)

1 trusty xbox back to working order.
before during and after pics.
"remind me not to use a crappy samsung phone to take pics again"

Pics now in the correct order sorry about quality.

"EPIC FAIL ON PICTURES.. I can only see them if im loged in to my other forum too.. I will fix it asap."

"edit". ok fixed the pics.. i cant believe no one told me they could not see them.
20120424151901.jpg

Start..
no cpu attached.. "bad sign"
20120424151911.jpg

So the cpu socket locking mech is snaped off and missing "probably why there was no cpu attached, and it came in a seperate bag"
20120424151921.jpg

This cap has to be moved..
20120424151933.jpg

Gpu heat synk held down with hot glue.. "seriously?" well that needs changing too.
20120424151946.jpg

Useless mod chip led connections Think il remove them
20120424151957.jpg

OOH! Live pulling direct from a transitor! Lets just leave that hanging around the case.. "maybe not, il remove them as the cpu has no 740mhz switch so not needed" safer to remove it.
20120424164121.jpg

hmm.. like i said move this cap. Going to use some kaynar wire to give my self some testing room as i will be using multiple heatsinks in tests.
20120424164129.jpg

ditch the gpu bracket. and hot glue. I will make my own from a diferent bracket later.
20120424164150.jpg

forgot to check the clock cap, damn.. Its still there "seems to have been replaced not removed by some one els.. but its leaked!
20120424164141.jpg

looks like a few collectors are pretty coverd with the leaked crap.. Il neutralize that with some mild acid in a min.
20120424164209.jpg

Oh great.. ! 2 corroded traces Exactly oposit the clock cap on the underside of the board... i wonder how that happend.
more work hooray.
20120426224452.jpg

fiberglass pen exposes the traces. followed by a dab of solder. tin up the kaynar then tap them on the board. "trace start"
20120426224433.jpg

this end is easier. just follow the traces to silver little pads. add some solder to the pads. tin the wire tap them down.
trace fixed.. "glue down the wire so it wont snag going back in to the case"
20120427162939.jpg

Lol.. ok so it seems i missed out a lot of work..
obviously fixed teh cpu socket so it could 1st unlock to accept the cpu, then lock to locate the cpu once inserted. removed the clock cap, and cleand up the residue.
I added a new fan header. made a new cpu/gpu bracket (epoxy to the board + fastenings.) use a cooler master fan to create a fixing for the cpu heat synk. Mounted an extra fan for the GPU. modified the DVD tray to fit around the 3rd party fan at the rear. and to clear both heat sinks + mount the hard disk.
Did some wire managment. and a few other bits and bobs. "the cpu socket was the most annoying job though"
tested it out with a 47C stable at idle temp. then took it in to xbmc debug and ran it at 100% cpu load stable (no temps for that one. but it powers off at 88C so it did not hit 88c (i would estimate 60c) given that a IGR back to unleash-x resulted in 53c displayd.
20120427194806.jpg

100% working trusty 1.4Ghz xbox.

Last edited:
i will unlock stock hard drives that you have from a dead xbox.
I'd be interested on details on how you do this. If it involves desoldering the TSOP to extract the key then never mind but if this is some sort of software brute force / secure erase then I'd be interested.

all i need is the hard disks.
the western digitals i will do with atapwd.
u5's with a firmware flash, (black rubber cased seagate)
ux10's a serial programer. (white slim seagate)

so i can do all the stock drives.
Drives locked via software as an upgrade should be unlockable too using atapwd.

this is really more cost effective if you have a bunch of the drives that need unlocking. because postage costs factor in to it. and the drives really arent worth much more than £10 each on a good day with the wind behind them an 10 people biding.

All I was after was the technique so I could do it at home.

I've got a few slim white seagate drives here I had intended to use with big box Amiga's but was unsuccessful at using ATAPWD to unlock them. All of them came from boxes which Softmodded using the Krayzie Ndure SplinterCell Softmod but I don't think that sets a default MasterPWD (or if it does then I don't know how to drive ATAPWD correctly).

the slims need a serial programer.
There "to my knowlage" is no master password used by krazies as the drive is temporeraly unlocked by the xbox, and never unlocked to the point where the password has been removed and so can be changed or a master password added.

you can try
TEAMASSEMBLY
but im 99.999999999% sure that its is just using the original locking method.
You cant flash the slim ux10s by default either as they are UX family and not supported by the flashing utility.

if you cant unlock them then my sevice is offerd for these exact situations. But like i said you would probably need 3 or more locked drives to justify the postage costs.

I think I can make my own serial to TTL converter for 10p or so at work and have a go at that. Thanks.

Thanks in advance to ShambleS1980, I've sent some funds for an HD etc and will be sending my crystal xbox to him in a day or two.

cheers! :)

your xbox arrived today.
Its in reall nice condition, so i am doing my best to have the tamper proof stickers look un-tamperd.

already started to work on it. probably wont be able to get it collected tomorrow but you never know.
Im currently backing up the XBMC you have installed on the box, and i will transfer that over to the new drive. along with your saves and audio files excetera..

I see it already has an eeprom.bin file on the hard disk. But as i did not do it i willextract a new one from the xbox as i never trust ones that are already on an xbox..

If you need any more info or have any questions send me a pm/email/skype excetera.(y)

all xboxes that were sent to me are finished and either returned to the owner or siting in a box wating for collection. so i need some more work,

Last edited:
its too bad you are over seas.
I have that Xbox that I got a few weeks ago, and would love for you to get at it.:Doh:

its too bad you are over seas.
I have that Xbox that I got a few weeks ago, and would love for you to get at it.:Doh:

i know of a few people who would offer similar services to me.
the only one in canada i can think of however is SPPV.. unfortunatly he insists on softmods only.
Also i thnk he would charge a bit more than i do.."having said that i have no idea how much he would charge, and could very possibly be really cheap"
but even if hes not that competitivly priced. with postage costs and conversions excetera it could work out although i have no reall idea how much you want done lol..

So yeah canada i know of some one. and then i know of some one in the usa too. "well more than one"

if needed i can open a dialoug between people who need a similar service in the us/canada. but the pricing may well be diferent, and chips/tsop flashing excetera may only be available to people in the us or willing to ship to the us. "obviously if your in the uk then i offer this service lol"

Thanks,
What I really want done now, is to go through it and see what it needs, after that, then we can discuss mods, I think I still have one guy's e mail thats local, he was into modding the Xboxes about 4 years back,
We will see.
Would you be open to selling just a hard drive to Canada that had some soft mods done?:roll:

Honestly..
with conversions and postage its going to cost you more in the end getting it from me. "even if its just a 8/10gb drive
BUT i know SPPV usualy offers that exact service.
if you have the eeprom for that xbox he will do it im sure.

however if you want me to check what the cost would be to send one then i will happily check for you.
but i would also need the eeprom file.

(edited the 1st post to add hardware prices for drives and chips excetera. also chip installs now include payment for work installing the chip, )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom