Refurbished Game Boy DMG-01 (first generation)

fogWraith

AmiBayer
Country
Sweden
Region
Gävle
I found my old Game Boy laying about, working semi-decently, and this thing has been passed around by a handful of previous owners... has never been opened or cleaned.

Pretty much amazed that I didn't find any sign of organic life within, apart from the dustballs, fingerfatgrease and what not, even some battery acid damage etc.

Got around to disassemble it entirely, cleaned up ALL the components, buttons and what not... fitted everything in a brand new case and replaced the screen as well. All in all, it works just as fine as it did when it left the factory.

"Finished" product can be found here
https://www.amibay.com/album.php?albumid=207

There will be some hardware mods on this thing later ;)

coolio! I still have my original 1990 gameboy, where did you get the new case fogWraith ?

there are some amazing sound mods (they use the org gameboy for chip music) for the GB.

Ofc they are :)
Chiptune music lol

I have a modded Prosound DMG with Backlit and Battery led hack :)
Also I have an ArduinoBoy for when I find time to hack inside and have Midi support for LSDJ etc :)

Funz

coolio! I still have my original 1990 gameboy, where did you get the new case fogWraith ?
Apparently theres still a vendor here in Sweden that dabble with that, other than that theres eBay I think ;/

And thanks for the replies guys, I've already done the prosound mod, considering doing a few other ones, but keeping it minimal and as close as original as possible.

I don't want a giant knob to switch speed up and down on the GB, rather, think the controls you have already for sound / brightness ;)

I managed to get hold of ApeSh|tMods prosound module, that just replaces the original Speaker out PCB.
The new PCB has once more socket soldered, and you only need to desolder the Speaker out connector and solder it to the new one :)
Dremeling a bit the DMG is like factory made.

cdk9lp2
cqpp2pj

That dremel work looks amazing!
It's the same as I have considered doing, the speaker out is just laying by cables outside the GB for now, till I get it done :)

Back
Top Bottom