Buggster

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Cornwall
Hi All,

I am in need of some help.....After spending all this time trying to get a monitor for my megapc I find that joyport one in knackered.....Who ever tried to fix it originally has really buggered it up....I have removed the port but after looking at it, i can only assume they have stuffed the main board.

Now I am not very good with the soldering iron these days due to my eyesight being rather dodgey. So I want to ask if anyone has one of the boards with the joyports and switchs on. Anyone with an old machine will know what I mean.....or if anyone can have a go at repairing this one for me I would be happy to pay.

kind regards
Bugg

:(

Bugg,

Can you get a picture up as to the damage caused? Might be able to offer some help if I can see what is in store :)

pictures of the damage :(

pictures of the damage :(

Ok as requested here is the damage after I cleaned it up, I just jope its an easy fix. Also hope its not going to cost a mega fortune to repair. :(

If anyone can help, please do.......

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 3
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 0
doesn't look that bad to me but then i'm no expert lol. If it was mine I'd solder the connector on and test and if it didn't work I'd link the points on the connector to the other ends of the traces.

Easy enough. Would also fix it for you if needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any crazy auto corrects or lack of detail (links to info sources)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom