AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Guildford
Here goes...

I've not yet seen any Oric stuff on Amibay, but in the warm glow of nostalgia and suchlike, I'd like to buy:

• o an Oric Atmos 48k + PSU
    o Oric 3" Microdisc (or Cumana/other 3.5" disk drive interface, but I'd prefer the one I had)
    o joystick interface.

Why? Well, I sold mine umpty years ago to raise cash for an Amiga (which was great), but I just want to relive the heady 80's black and red styling & some ZAP! PING! SHOOT! and EXPLODE! games (oricians will understand that, everyone else just ignore :D ). Emulators don't work on Vista and didn't compile under Ubuntu, so why not go back to the real thing?

So if anyone still has this hardware cluttering up their cupboard/attic/shed, I can help clear it out - please post!

I'm near Guildford/Farnborough (UK) and can collect if this helps.

Thanks!

Ian (dibs)

Re: Oric Atmos 48k, 3" Microdisc & joystick interface

its very dificult to find one (i have one oric but after i collected after 1 year of searching)

A few Orics have come up on another well-known auction site (ahem :shhh: ) but I've always been outbid, hence trying here. I've successfully found an obscure ethernet card for my Amiga on AmiBay, so I have confidence that this is the right place to find an Atmos and disc drive!

Here's hoping anyway.

Ian

@ dibs

That's the thing about AmiBay; it attracts the true enthusiasts in the retro scene and not the chancers, who think they can make a quick killing. I'm sure there is someone out there who can help you out.

i look around carboots if i ever see one i will pick it up for you how much you looking on spending on one?? so i know if they are trying to fob me off with the price

james

LOL @ Zetr0.

I nearly posted & shoulda done now. - Mr. Del-Eater. :ROTFLOL2:

Kin

Kin Hell said:
LOL @ Zetr0.

I nearly posted & shoulda done now. - Mr. Del-Eater. :ROTFLOL2:

Kin

Huh? What did I miss in Z's delete-fest??

@jimbob005 - quick check of der rules suggests I shouldn't be suggesting how much it's worth ("Price Driving"). How much am I prepared to pay? Depends on condition, fully working, boxed (or not), disc drive present... I appreciate the offer but please don't risk your cash!

@Zetr0/Kin/Merlin - did I miss something here?! :?

@Merlin
Merlin said:
That's the thing about AmiBay; it attracts the true enthusiasts in the retro scene and not the chancers, who think they can make a quick killing. I'm sure there is someone out there who can help you out.
(OT) I stumbled upon Amibay and haven't looked back! It has a great atmosphere and when I get organised I'll put up some of my own surplus back into the community (not much chance of making a killing, but I have some prototype video/CD32 expansion cards and other obscure Amiga stuff that deserves a better home than my loft).

Still hoping for an Oric though (so my lad can one day learn "proper" computing) :D

dibs

Zetr0 commented about cfi's post saying this was a wanted thread & not a for sale thread. He mis-understood what cfi was saying.

Nothing sinister,....honest. Just a face palm event for Zetr0. :mrgreen:

Kin

dibs said:
I'd like to buy...

• o an Oric Atmos 48k + PSU
Why? Well, I sold mine umpty years ago to raise cash for an Amiga
Well, that's what I distinctly remember doing, but helping clear out my folk's loft at the weekend... we found my old Oric (and joystick interfaces)! :Doh:
RESULT! Not sure if it works works yet (PSU lost in the mists of time) but that does mean I'm now only looking for the:

• o Oric 3" Microdisc (or Cumana/other 3.5" disk drive interface)

(It's not in the loft - I *really did* stupidly sell that to raise cash for the Amiga).

Still looking...

Ian
(dibs)

Well, I've just watched an Oric Microdisc (tested working setup) go on "another auction site" for about four times more than I paid for one brand new!

Chances of finding one at a sensible price now dashed! :(

Ian

Almost found the Oric Microdisc [sort of]

Almost found the Oric Microdisc [sort of]

Chances of finding one at a sensible price now dashed! :(
Ian

In case anybody stumbles across my ancient thread also looking for an Oric Microdisc, there is an interesting project called "Cumulus" here:

http://retromaster.wordpress.com/cumulus/

to interface an SD card reader as a floppy disc for the Oric-1 and Atmos!
Mine is already reserved (y)- post to retromaster's page if you're also interested.

Regards,

dibs

Hi Dibs,
I too am a fellow Orician who took forever (and ended up spending wads of cash in the search) on 'the dark auction site' for a microdisc drive from France!
Unfortunately, the 3" drive only reads now and won't entertain a write.
I'm interested in hearing how you got on with that Cumulus unit though - any feedback/recommendations you can give as I'm torn between getting one or trying to restore this defunct set-up by adding an old 3.5" PC FDD piggybacked as a slave out the back...
Jeez, the stuff that amuses us old 8bitters!
Our lass has one stock phrase for my wee collection...
"AINT IT ABOUT TIME YOU GOT RID OF THAT PILE OF DUST, YOU SAD...&&^^$%$!"
They just don't understand, do they?!
Cheers, Dibs.
BAZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom