Post here everytime you get something new!

gazcbm

10 PRINT "8 Bit Hero"
Country
UK
Region
Manchester, UK
The thread idea was shamelessly borrowed from another site, but should be quite a funky thread if it gets going!

Anyway, heres two of my most recent purchases... my dreamcast wheel and arcade stick.

Attachments

• IMG_0191 [640x480].JPG
    IMG_0191 [640x480].JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0192 [640x480].JPG
    IMG_0192 [640x480].JPG
    39 KB · Views: 7
Re: Post here everytime you get something new!

what a nice idea!
here is what I got today:

PER.612328.jpg

a TP-LINK TL-WA601G 108M EXTENDED RANGE SUPER G WIRELESS ACCESS POINT , now I need a couple of 108MPBS wifi cards too :ROTFLOL2:

No pictures at the moment, but I picked up a nice Atari STE the other day. And when it turned up I had the surprise of finding 4MB installed. ;)

@chain

Is "Crazy Virtual" the name of a game or is that a MAME machine of some type? There are aliens on the marquee but the game looks like soccer.

:)

Heather

SkydivinGirl said:
@chain

Is "Crazy Virtual" the name of a game or is that a MAME machine of some type? There are aliens on the marquee but the game looks like soccer.

Heather

Well spotted!! Nothing gets past you, eh?

LOL

Looks like Super Sidekicks 2 on Neo-Geo to me...

SkydivinGirl said:
@chain

Heather

soccer? what's soccer? oh wait you mean football :p

AKA "Pi?ka No?na" :mrgreen:

:run:

Shoonay said:
AKA "Pi?ka No?na" :mrgreen:

:run:

no not "Pilka Nonza" football, the English invented the game (as much as i hate the game) therefore the English should name the game, which they did and it is football! :jester:

as for American football, why do they keep picking it up? surely that's rugby but with safety padding :wink:

JuvUK said:
soccer? what's soccer? oh wait you mean football :p
LOL! I figured someone would say something about that. :) However, I agree that it should be called what it was called where it was started.

:thanks:

Heather

Just picked up a Commodore 16 in wonderful condition. The keys have some yellowing but it looks more like it's dirty than the plastic actually yellowing. :)

Hurray!

Heather

A new tailored suit from asuithatfits.com - does that count? :D

As the DNS-323 NAS mirrored disk started to complain, I bought new disks, and a docking station. Taking the opportunity to upgrade to 1500GB disks.

This is the old ext2 disk, docked to Vista64bit copying the content over to the freshly installed 1500GB disks.

Attachments

• IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 5

SkydivinGirl said:
Just picked up a Commodore 16 in wonderful condition. The keys have some yellowing but it looks more like it's dirty than the plastic actually yellowing. :)

Hurray!

Heather
Heather, I just picked up 2 plus fours also. One is a Canadian "Olymipic Sponsership unit" (Label looks different from all the other plus/4 in the world). The TED computers were sure cool and under rated. There is a Keyboard for the C16 on the other bay right now, it may be worth looking into. I was bid snipped last week for a C16 :pissed: Now to find a Cassette deck an floppy drive for them :wooha:

BTW: Anyone interested in seeing what the TED was SUPOSE to be before Commodore marketing all but killed it, and draged its corpse around and around should see the Video with Bil Herd and Dave Haynie on Commodore.ca. I wont link directly to it, but it is on the "TED" page and scroll down to "Commodore 264 Videos" and see the one with Bil Herd and Dave Haynie. It shows some very interesting prototypes including the Commodore LCD that doesn't exist! and has info on TED, the 128 and briefly on the Amiga. Very cool stuff.

I bought a Plus/4 a while back that is in like new condition and I think it's a neat little machine. I'd love to see pictures of the special edition one that you have. I haven't really looked into the specs of the C16 yet but can't you use the same floppy drives and tape drives that the C64 uses? I know they made matching black drives but I didn't think they were specifically for the C16 or Plus/4. I'll look into the keyboard on the other bay.

Thanks!

Heather

:oops: Oops, I may have been the one who bid-sniped you... I actually just placed my max bid and it ended up costing exactly what I bid. Sorry if it was you... :oops:

SkydivinGirl said:
I bought a Plus/4 a while back that is in like new condition and I think it's a neat little machine. I'd love to see pictures of the special edition one that you have. I haven't really looked into the specs of the C16 yet but can't you use the same floppy drives and tape drives that the C64 uses? I know they made matching black drives but I didn't think they were specifically for the C16 or Plus/4. I'll look into the keyboard on the other bay.

Thanks!

Heather

:oops: Oops, I may have been the one who bid-sniped you... I actually just placed my max bid and it ended up costing exactly what I bid. Sorry if it was you... :oops:

LOL, that would have been funny if that was you :thumbsup2:
I was at work when the Auction ended, but I was winning it a couple hours before. I see there is a nice minty boxed one for a good BIN price, but the guy only ships UPS and he wants $113 for shipping. Once UPS gets to my door here in canada they will tack another $100 on it so, its not worth it.
The "regular" Commodore floppy (from what I understand) will not work with the TED computers (different plug) I could be wrong. The "black" 1551 floppy drive that was made for the Plus/4 is suppose to be 40% faster than a regular Commodore drive due to the special connector, this is what I have read, I could be wrong though.

bellow is the auction picture of the Canadian plus/4, when I saw it, I couldn't put my finger on what was different. I e-mailed Bil Herd, and he suggested it may be another Country plus/4, but he didn't know. I then did an search and all the labels were the same in google search. (They all say "PLUS /4") then on a Commodore c16 site they had the answer.

It looks like the C2N Datasette (1530) sports a square or rectangle plug. It looks like the 1531 has a round din (PS/2) like plug.

Back
Top Bottom