Closed or swap. Athlon XP 3200+ (32bit, 400MHz FSB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
I have one of these:

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K7/AMD-Athlon XP 3200+ - AXDA3200DKV4E.html

It's a 3200+ Barton-core Athlon XP, one of the fastest 32-bit x86 chips out there. I bought this to replace an old Sempron, but the board I have is only 333MHz FSB and this is a 400MHz CPU.

I have every reason to believe it's in good working order, but without a compatible board to test it on, I can't be sure. I'd advise any potential buyers ensure they have a board that'll accept it before buying.

My preference is to do a direct swap with someone for a 333MHz FSB version of the 3000+, since that's the fastest chip my board will support. But if that's not possible, I'll sell it. In that case, the asking price is £10 + P&P. Payment by PayPal Gift or bank transfer.

Oh, and finally, if you have a 333MHz 3000+ you'd be willing to sell, but don't want the 3200+, I'd be interested in hearing from you!

(y)

interested to buy if you find no-one to swap with. This is an amazing chip from the looks of it! Let me know how much time you'd like to give it and I'll PM when you're ready. Thanks.

Last edited:
I'll give it about a week. If I can't find someone to swap with, I'll sell instead.

(y)

OK, looks like nobody's interested in the swap, so this is for direct sale now with amigean first in line, followed by tokyoracer.

There were 2 models :) was checking because a motherboard I have can def do the brown one but not sure about the green one :LOL: Just noticed you said it has 400MHz FSB though which is what the difference between them is :roll: The brown one is 200MHz FSB but still an Athlon XP 3200+.

So in conclusion... the one you have is 400MHz FSB @ 2.2GHz vs the brown one being 200MHz FSB @ 2.2GHz ;), lol

The brown one would actually work in your motherboard no probs looking at your problem.

There were 2 models :) was checking because a motherboard I have can def do the brown one but not sure about the green one :LOL: Just noticed you said it has 400MHz FSB though which is what the difference between them is :roll: The brown one is 200MHz FSB but still an Athlon XP 3200+.

So in conclusion... the one you have is 400MHz FSB @ 2.2GHz vs the brown one being 200MHz FSB @ 2.2GHz ;), lol

The brown one would actually work in your motherboard no probs looking at your problem.

Are you sure it's 200MHz, not 333MHz for the FSB? What with the way DDR works, I wouldn't be surprised if 200MHz and 400MHz referred to the same thing.

From what I can tell, there's only the one version of the 3200+, but there are two 3000+ variants.

You may be right actually... there must be a difference between the brown and the green ones... :unsure:

Just looked into it apparently the green ones are simply manufactured using a more modern, harder substance which is prefered for heavier heatsinks, nothing more different between them. That's something I never picked up on back in the day, it was around the time these were king that I was learning the ins and outs of the IT trade but all this time I thought they were 2 different revisions :Doh:

Looks like you have the better of the 2 either way anyway. Sorry for confusing the thread :picard

This guy has both green and brown ones for sale...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Athlon-...-2GHz-400FSB-CPU-/120677634595#ht_3283wt_1163

amigean has had to withdraw interest, so it's over to tokyoracer as the next in line.

(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom