Win a Retina Z2 card for your Zorro II Amiga!

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi!

I have a spare Retina ZII (Z2) which I'm going to give away as a prize, free shipping (untracked) is included worldwide.

The Card is tested and working, it looks to be fully populated with Zips. It is unboxed and there is no manual/software inc however I can copy the lastest Retina Emu drivers to floppy for you.

This will work in an A2000/A3000/A4000 and should work with Micronik/Elbox ZII Busboards for A1200. It is not quite as good as a 'proper' RTG card but I was successfully using it on my A2000 at 800x600 and there are (if you can find them) EGS drivers for it. (Any further questions about the card please start a new thread)

So here are the terms of the Competition :cool:

One of my favourite games is Dizzy, for this comp I will pick Dizzy III (Fantasy World Dizzy)

You can play on Amiga, Amstrad, Spectrum, C64, etc - basicly any platform this game is on, even in emulation.

The first to complete the game fully inc all 30 coins collected and provide a screen shot (taken by camera) showing their username on a bit of paper wins!

I have already completed the game and know it is possible, so what are you waiting for, go, go, go!

(Small print)

If this prize is lost in the post there will be no cash alternative. If you would like tracked shipping this will be at your cost.

Please post your screenshot in the thread, you can attach or use off site hosting as long as you have included your 'username' as stated in the rules of this comp.

GOOD LUCK!!

Last edited:
Awesome stuff Steve!

I think I have the EGS driver disks somewhere!

Good luck to all prospective entrants - I feel if you are diligent enough to collect all 30 coins and complete Dizzy III, then this card is for you!

@Stevie

Are you running this compo indefinitely until someone wins or do you have a time limit?

Awesome stuff Steve!

I think I have the EGS driver disks somewhere!

Good luck to all prospective entrants - I feel if you are diligent enough to collect all 30 coins and complete Dizzy III, then this card is for you!

@Stevie

Are you running this compo indefinitely until someone wins or do you have a time limit?

Hi My friend, no time limit as such but if we've got no winner in say 2 weeks I might tweak the rules a little to help out :)

I would have made more of an attempt to get the EGS driver but I've snagged a Picasso II which will serve me better with it's auto switching pass-through :cool:

Good luck all (y)

Just to say, you don't have to play through the game in one go - if you use an emulator (like a speccy emulator on an Amiga) you can save periodically and return to your game. (using save states)

This option isn't available in the original versions of the game, but back in the day I had my speccy left powered on all night and reumed game after a few hours kip. Just pleased the PSU didn't catch fire and burn down the house!!!

This is a brilliant idea Steve, although, I am not sure that getting a Retina Z2 could be considered "winning". ;)

... on the other hand, any free Amiga swag is good swag, even a Z2! :D

The first to complete the game fully inc all 30 coins collected and provide a screen shot (taken by camera) showing their username on a bit of paper wins!

@steve! Fantastic initiative!!

I feel if you are diligent enough to collect all 30 coins and complete Dizzy III, then this card is for you!

LOL, nice hint Keith :LOL:
I have completed Beast 1 twice (non-trained of course) with the energy at a full 12, what would a suitable card be for me? :p

@Steve
Great idea (y)

hese has been confirmed as the competition winner. Many thanks for taking part & congratulations.

As promised your prize will be shipped during next week (y)

Thanks to all that watched the thread and anyone else who took part but did not mamage to finish the game before hese :)

Steve.

The Retina has arrived. Thank you very much, fitzsteve (y)

So what's next.. PII for Prince of Persia or Donkey Kong without save states? :p

Back
Top Bottom