Db9 (cga) <-> scart?

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
Does anyone make, sell or in any way trade db9 (cga) to scart? to connect several rgb-capeable computers to a 1084s?

(if it is possible)

in the 1991 i used a 286 with cga connect to tv via scart, i used 3 wire for red,blue,green and a composite form other connector

I would guess you'd need more than just a straight DB 9 to Scart cable as CGA uses digital signals as opposed to analogue RGB.

Just to add convolution to the mess: CGA is not only digital, there was an analog CGA, too.

Just to add convolution to the mess: CGA is not only digital, there was an analog CGA, too.

As i mentioned, i'm planning to connect RGB from say an amstrad cpc 6128 to the DB9 of a 1084s. That can take digital and analouge. cga was just to illustrate the plug.

I've seen both scart to digital and analouge cga (rgb/rgbi) cables on the web, but nothing i can buy.

---------- Post added at 06:27 ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 ----------

I found:

http://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/commodore-1084s-d-monitor-to-scart-converter-cable-for-sale

this sounds strange.. scart does not support digital video...

anyway, if you want to connect several devices with analog rgb output to the 1084s, why not buy the cable you linked to, and then use a video out->scart cable for whatever device you're connecting?

Back
Top Bottom