Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Dear Amibayers,

Since we upgraded the Amibay site to phpBB 3.0, a number of members have encountered a logging in issue, the symptoms of which appear to be having to log back in every time you change the web page.

The login issue is caused by either a file in the browser cache, or an old cookie from the previous version of the site.

To fix this, we recommend that you clear your browser cache (e.g. delete the 'temporary internet files' if you use Internet Explorer) and delete any cookies. Finally, you may find that you may need to delete and replace the link to Amibay in your Favourites (I never did like the way MS spelt that word), as the link in the favourites may still link to the old version of the site.

If you get stuck, please contact any member of the Amibay Team for assistance.

Merlin

Re: Login Issues

One small addition to this information.

Please make sure you are accessing the site directly from https://www.amibay.com if you are still having problems. This will ensure your cookies/server session is set correctly and you shouldn't need to keep logging in.

Strangely, I have these problems with all Amiga sites (ir Amiga.org, AW.net, utilitybase etc). Running firefox 2.x in either windows or linux. :cry:

tiffers

Harrison said:
Do you have cookies blocked?

Nah.. Actually, I notice on AW.net, the front page doesn't recognize me, but other pages in the forums, do.. for a period of time.. then they lose me and I have to login again.

Have just cleared cache and cookies to see if it affects anything.

tiffers.

Back
Top Bottom