Chroma/Luma til Svideo

moijk

Licence to fish
AmiBayer
Country
Norway
Region
Grimstad
I want a cable that let me connect SVIDEO to my 1084s monitor. preferably with a svideo .. male i think it is which can be connected directly to my switch box (for multiple sources). any idea where to get that?

does the 1084s not support composite video.. then it's just a matter of combining the luma and chroma signals of the svideo source to get a composite signal like described here

if the 1084 only supports rgb, you're in for a more expensive solution.. search the forum, there's a few diy projects on here that will solve your problem (where the author also sells it readymade)..

does the 1084s not support composite video..
Yes, it does.
But s-video is a better picture than composite..

I've been looking a bit for a ready made one and haven't found one.
I did make one myself, but if you'd seen me solder, you'd know why I still want a ready-made one.
I've tried a few similar cables on e-bay BIN types, but haven't found the right pinouts yet...

desiv

Yes, it does.
desiv

I know, but that is of no use, since the 1084 doesn't accept svideo..

I wonder when Ian Stedmanns rgb/composite/svideo to rgb/composite/svideo/(hdmi) project will be done, but it looks like it's going to be soon..

Yes, it does.
desiv

I wonder when Ian Stedmanns rgb/composite/svideo to rgb/composite/svideo/(hdmi) project will be done, but it looks like it's going to be soon..

SVideo consists of four wires. ground, ground, luma and chroma. 1084s has luma and chroma ports. Guess what you can make of that. ;)

I was polling for cableguys to offer making one. but apparently i'll have to ask personally ;)

SVideo consists of four wires. ground, ground, luma and chroma. 1084s has luma and chroma ports. Guess what you can make of that. ;)

Some ungrounded claims about connecting S-Video to it? :LOL:

(I'll get my coat) :run:

Some ungrounded claims about connecting S-Video to it? :LOL:

(I'll get my coat) :run:

lol ;)

the ready made one i've seen by the way, but they only ship to this land of the free, and the land of mapel sirup.

Not fancy having a go at making one yourself? If you've got the pinouts for the 1084s and you know it supports separate luma and chroma signals, I can't imagine it's all that difficult to knock up a suitable cable...

Yes, it does.
desiv

I know.. :p

If you read the rest of my post, you'd see I said I made a cable myself...

I used it for a bit to connect my A1000 to my 1702 monitor, which takes separate chroma/luma, like the 1084S.
I plan on using it (or a cable I didn't make that does the same thing) on one of my 1084s monitors eventualy for my 3DO, so I can use my lightgun again.

desiv

SVideo__________________Luma/Chroma

g . ----------------------.
..c . ---------------------[== chroma

..y . ---------------------[== luma
g . ----------------------'

simple....

(btw i did the reverse, a luma/chroma TO svideo for my C64 to my Plasma svideo in and it worked fine)

Back
Top Bottom