Review: CoinOps5 for XBOX

I need help, please. :) I've updated my xbox coinops4 installation first with CoinOps4 RC9 and then with CoinOps5 stand alone. Basically CoinOp5 is working and I have all the games - but I can't see the preview videos of the games in the main menu - there ist only a black screen. Any ideas? Thank you :)

I think you need coinops5 full and then coinops5 standalone on top of that.

Hmm...that's a problem, because I can't find the full version. But I think with CoinOps4 I have the most important data - the whole installation is 54GB big. (without CoinOps4 rc9 and CoinOps5)

i think you can get the videos as a separate file if you can find it online. I had videos missing from my coinops 3 installation so i just copied the video file from coinops 4 to coinops 3 and it worked ok (y)

Would anyone be able to tell me how well N64 games run in Coinops5?

Am I right in thinking that they'll run as well as they do in the emulator Project 64 i.e. variable performance depending on the plug-ins used?

Thanks

Nick

from what i understood some fixes were applied for mario kart 64 for coin ops 5 to allow it to run optimally and in 2 player mode.

I find n64 games work well but being a sega person i wouldn't know how they worked originally on the n64, so not sure what to compare against.

One of my friends tells me has probs with lionking on the snes - trust him to find a game out of the thousands on coinops 5 to have fault with :)

Hi! Hope it's not too bad form to add a post to an old thread.

I and other pack makers have given a lot of Commodore love to coinops over the past year. We've now got about 250 amiga games working nicely, and more to come. Almost 900 C64 games too. My build is running 14550 games currently with lots more on the horizon.

Check out the packs section of the coinops forum to find out more :)

Nice (y) Will have to check it out .. might be able to play around with it during Christmas break !

Looks like the site is down maybe? Hope not for good :(

Last edited:
Is anyone using CoinOps on here? I've become interested in the project, but I see there has been a bit of a problem. CoinOps6 is now only available to community members of the CoinOps Project. I've registered over there to see what's going on.

How do you find it as an interface? Do you boot straight into it, or start it from xbmc?

Well, I think that it can be configured to boot, but I prefer to launch it from dashboard like an app. I copied the whole program to the games folder... I have a 320Gb HD fitted and my daught has an 500GB IDE on her XBOX. Plenty of space :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom