Not open for further replies.

cardboardboxer

Rating - 100%
15   0   1
Country
EU
Region
UK
Looking for Apple II software to test out my new Apple II E Enhanced, the Enhanced is 95% compatible with all Apple II software including + and C but not the IIGS 16bit software obviously.

I pretty much have one disk drive and thats it for software. An 80 column card boosting to 128k of ram, Z80 cpu card too.

Hi

do you have a super serial card?

if you do, google for "adtpro", with that can then send prodos and disk images over the iie and write out floppy disks.

Its superb.

hope that helps!

if you dont have a super serial card, let us know. cos you'll want one :)

ps cool you have a z80 card. jealous :) :)

The best solution would be for me to get an IDE expansion card and use a compact flash card as a hard drive but it's expensive. The idea was just to get a program to test the disk drive and see if i wanted to keep the machine, i only really took it as i've wanted something Apple for a while now and the whole bundle was going cheap.

The Z80 cpu card is cool but its only really useful for CP/M, i cant think of any other uses to be honest.

Well I can make you a prodos floppy and a game if you like

But in absence of buying the card u mention, writing your own disks is very very easy. Takes a few mins. But you will need Serial on the iie and a PC or mac ( ok atdpro will also work over audio but never tried it)

Feel free to Pm me if any of the above is a help

audio copying works fine, its just slow

cassette ports <-> pc sound card

Well I can make you a prodos floppy and a game if you like

But in absence of buying the card u mention, writing your own disks is very very easy. Takes a few mins. But you will need Serial on the iie and a PC or mac ( ok atdpro will also work over audio but never tried it)

Feel free to Pm me if any of the above is a help

That would be great if you could do that. Does the Enhanced Apple II E boot to ProDOS or Applesoft Basic, i know Basic is in ROM but pretty sure you need a boot disk for ProDOS. Im pretty much an Apple II noob.

well it will boot to basic, but you need a floppy with prodos on to get going.

send me a pm and we'll chat, i'll see what we can do next week. still want you to pop off the lid and tell me what cards inside. pm me

well it will boot to basic, but you need a floppy with prodos on to get going.

send me a pm and we'll chat, i'll see what we can do next week. still want you to pop off the lid and tell me what cards inside. pm me

Cool, i will PM later and get you some pics and names of those expansion cards i've got.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom