Not open for further replies.

Miru

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Country
Switzerland
Region
Bern
Send me a PM, of course only in working order.

Have a Warpengine 4040 to trade (+ dollars)

Will send pm shortly.
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-gb; HTC_DesireHD Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

No response from tj :(

pm responded to espana! possible trade for 4040

Last edited:
Im curious on how much of performance improvement the 4091 is compared to the gvp hc+8 (zorro2) and ofc the price for a such. With the gvp in an a4000 i get 900kb/sec from the scsi cardreader with cf card.

:hijacked:

I need to test the card to make sure it works. It's been sitting in the box for a while. Comes in original box.

I am still interested in the 4091. Let me know if it works and I will send you the money ;) My warpengine 4040 gave me 9.2 MB/sec.... great card really, besides it being a 68040...., wish I could upgrade it to a 68060 :)

thats quite alot..

I suddenly got very interested in a Z3 scsi host adapter :)

The 4091 is not going to be faster than the Warp engine scsi. 9mb/s is very fast.

As request from Miru, I post some pictures of my fastlane:
Here is the card in my A300 with a external hard disk

64 Mbytes

And a Screen capture from sysinfo

:coffee:

The 4091 is not going to be faster than the Warp engine scsi. 9mb/s is very fast.

I know, its a downgrade scsi wise, but want to use the 68060 and its scsi module wont fit due to eagle tower not being constructed mki friendly.

Can you post your card too, revision a or b?

---------- Post added at 10:51 ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 ----------

Thanks meutoxo!

I am trending towards your offer currently, only downside is the lack of lun capability....

With a scsi card reader and a cd changer needing lun to work properly thats something i have to ponder over.

As request from Miru, I post some pictures of my fastlane:
Here is the card in my A300 with a external hard disk

64 Mbytes

And a Screen capture from sysinfo

:coffee:

Exactly what I recently found - there are some compromises with Z3 SCSI.

The 4091 does ~5 MB/s, and leaves 90% or so CPU free.

The Fastlane can do 8, but saturates the bus in the process and leaves little free CPU.

The Fastlane can be tweaked to deliver roughly the same performance (transfer rate/CPU), even a hair better, if its special Buster 11 mode works on your computer. The latter seems to be a lottery, depends on both your hardware and the Fastlane revision.

Doesn't need to be said both blow away the internal IDE, I'm very happy here with my 4091. (y)

Thanks for the feedback Damion! I need to compromise but need the LUN selection. So I will go with the A4091. is revision a problem? Read that on some forums, but I have a buster 11, so it should work without issues?

I received a 4091 from a member here but it does not work. Damion has kindly agreed to switch the el. Caps and hopefully this will make it work!

I received a 4091 from a member here but it does not work. Damion has kindly agreed to switch the el. Caps and hopefully this will make it work!

i had one defective 4091, i gave it away for 10EUR, i told the new owner to rewrite the ROM, and it worked for him! :Doh: funny thing, i have an EEPROM burner myself and i guess i have the soft too...

4091 works! With lun reselection which you need for a scsi reader when you want to use all slots at the same time.

As said before not as fast as the warpengine, about 20% slower but still not bad!

fastlane is tricky to get to work. As i have a working 4091 now i will sell my fastlane if anyone is interested!

It has 64 mb ram onboard, rev 2.2 and the original rom, but i got someone burn me an 8.5 for it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom