Upgrading your Spectrum +2AB (BLACK) & +3 with IDE Mass Storage

Recently joined Amibay. This tutorial is great! Thanks Zetr0! :arms:arms

I definitely would like to attempt it, however I wanted to ask if you have or do you know anybody who has tried something like this on a ZX Spectrum+?

The +2 is a great machine but rather long for my desk (PC keyb, Amiga 1200, etc.), I could never bring myself to to do it to a zx "gummy" :grin:, so my candidate could be the ZX +, if it doesn't get extremely complicated... :LOL:

I definitely would like to attempt it, however I wanted to ask if you have or do you know anybody who has tried something like this on a ZX Spectrum+?

The +2 is a great machine but rather long for my desk (PC keyb, Amiga 1200, etc.), I could never bring myself to to do it to a zx "gummy" :grin:, so my candidate could be the ZX +, if it doesn't get extremely complicated... :LOL:

it wont fit in a 48 case.or the plus

Last edited:

it wont fit in a 48 case.or the plus

Thanks Roy,

I thought that it would never fit in the gummy but I was kinda hoping somebody managed to fit it in the ZX+ though.
I guess I got too much carried away while reading the thread of jimbob005 who managed to fit an amiga 1200 in an A600 case :D

I'll go with the +2 then and get a longer desk :thanks:

Awesome thread :great:
Finally got a ZX +2A. I've done the audio input hack, removed the modulator, added +3e ROMs and 8bit IDE.

In the process of getting a compact flash card setup. What I really need is that rather awesome launcher Zetro showed me at the last Geekfest.

Has anyone got any links or heard from Zetro recently?

Awesome thread :great:
Finally got a ZX +2A. I've done the audio input hack, removed the modulator, added +3e ROMs and 8bit IDE.

In the process of getting a compact flash card setup. What I really need is that rather awesome launcher Zetro showed me at the last Geekfest.

Has anyone got any links or heard from Zetro recently?

Yo, I have an image somewhere was an updated version with selector for disk drive and loading from the IDE.

I don't know if there's anything more recent but I can zip it up for you and host it later

I spoke to Zetr0 couple of weeks ago, he's crazy busy and at the time i called full of flu.

What launcher was it you were after? The one listing all the games? Black background, yellow text?

@ Bastich I sent you a link to the Image, here is the contents:

Speccy.jpg

You will have to mount the games partitions but the CF with Zetr0's front end is bootable, just hit return and it should load.

You can use 3e Strowsaw to make changes, if you need it let me know. If you makes changes you need to burn the CF image again, you can't make changes to the CF live this way.

Good luck :)

ps. don't ask me about +3 basic I have forgotten everything, it was 5 years ago I done his!

Back
Top Bottom