Thread: Game on the c64 with flying unicorns/pegasus?

Licence to fish Amibayer! moijk's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Region:
    Grimstad
    Feedback
    37 (100%)

Default Game on the c64 with flying unicorns/pegasus?

I remember from my c64 days a game I and my brother enjoyed. it was a very simple game I recall. each played a unicorn (pegasus) that well had wings and you could fly in a typical bubble-boble/mario bros kind of platform world, and the goal was to hit the other I seem to recall.

But I can't seem to find it. It might have been a non-commercial game. I got it from a friend, and I only remember it as "pegasus". but if thats a part of the name, or just the name of the beast in it I can't really recall. But I doubt there were many games on the c64 with that gameplay.
    too many toys, too little time...

insane in the main frame Amibayer! quarkx's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Region:
    Edmonton, Alberta,
    Feedback
    67 (100%)

I am not sure if this helps, but I had a game on the CoCo 2 called Pegasus and the phantom Riders, by Spectral Associates. It was a Joust clone with a fancy background. I am not sure if a C64 port was made, but if it was, this might be the game you are looking for.

EDIT: Doing a search also came up with a C64 game called Pegasus Odyssey, but a google search produced no screen shots.
    But Lemon64 has a game just called pegasus3rd photo)
    My new blog at http://amigalounge.com is Amiga browsing friendly, stop on by for cool tech news with a geeky slant.Youtube video channel is Glenvdb1. My prices go UP once something is tested and verified working, your opportunity to save money on Untested "As is" merchandise. my things are now only posted for a week at a time,I am a Smoker

Country
    Norway
    Region:
    Grimstad
    Feedback
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by quarkx View Post
    I am not sure if this helps, but I had a game on the CoCo 2 called Pegasus and the phantom Riders, by Spectral Associates. It was a Joust clone with a fancy background. I am not sure if a C64 port was made, but if it was, this might be the game you are looking for.

EDIT: Doing a search also came up with a C64 game called Pegasus Odyssey, but a google search produced no screen shots.
    But Lemon64 has a game just called pegasus3rd photo)
    Pegasis as you pasted from the c64 look quite like what I imagined, it is for certain a joust clone from what I read, and probably pegasis due to I recall its name to be something like that. Thanks! I'll try search it up, and preferably find it on the used marked. but a '83 game probably is on tape only.

saw on the lemon page that either people loved it or hated it. that game in two player sure was fun, one probably wasn't.

Thanks alot for the help

Retro Girl Staff Moderator SkydivinGirl's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Region:
    Raleigh, NC
    Feedback
    175 (100%)

Was it perhaps Dragons Den?

Heather
    Promoted to Level II Solder Tech and Hackery Padawan

Country
    Norway
    Region:
    Grimstad
    Feedback
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SkydivinGirl View Post
    Was it perhaps Dragons Den?

Heather
    I remember dragons den, but it wasn't that. But it was a fun game, as far as I recall. I have a feeling it was pegasis as mentioned above, but I can't even find a disk or tape image of it. Found of pegasus odyssey, but it sure wasn't that. Well, have to search a bit more to find out if it was this.