Blogger
Rating - 100%
1041   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi there!

I'm looking for a Speccy 128k (Not the +2/a or +3) The original 128k without a tape/disk drive.

Please let me know if you have one and what you want for it, UK or even Kent better then I can pick up :)

Just need the Speccy, PSU as have the other cables, boxed would be great :cool:

And if you have an RGB monitor lead I would pay extra :nod:

If not I would arrange collection by DHL.

Payment by paypal.

Thanks for looking,

Steve.

I wish you the very best of British on this one my friend.
I have been trying to find one for over a year.

Regards
TC :)

Thanks! I am starting to see what you mean.

Wish I still had the one I used as a kid, I think it made way for a +2a :(

Nice upgrade back then but...

Steve.

tbh Steve

I picked up an original grey +2 from reanimator not long ago to run with my DivIDE and it's not bad at all.
I fancied the 128 though as not using tapes these days felt it a bit of an overkill & it adds to size of the unit for no good reason any more.

Still a lovely machine...

Regards
TC :)

I've got a plus 3 so I am not without a speccy (y)

And emulation on my A1200 is superb, much more authentic then on a PC...

But I would like the 128k for my collection :)

I'm just sad I didn't keep these things and sold them on, I had some great kit growing up thats very rare now.

Steve.

Still looking for a 128k... I've seen some on ebay but dont need all the games/joysticks that come with them or want to pay £5000 BIN's

Also since my +3 will not work with the DivIDE I bought I'd like a cheap as chips 48k to test it on, something you've got spare kicking around, no need foir original box or accesories, just the base unit and PSU needed.

Let me know what you've got

Steve.

PS could a mod move this to the right section 'wanted harware/sinclair'? And edit the title to include 'and/or 48k'

Thanks (y)

fitzsteve said:
Also since my +3 will not work with the DivIDE...

err.. the +3 works with the DivIDE, never had problems with the +3 (even when updated to +3e) and the DivIDE.

Chris

fitzsteve said:
Also since my +3 will not work with the DivIDE...

err.. the +3 works with the DivIDE, never had problems with the +3 (even when updated to +3e) and the DivIDE.

Chris

The consensous is that there is a problem with my Z80 CPU which is causing the DivIDE to crash. I've tried numerous correctly formatted CF's, Cleaning the connectors, jumpers are set correctly. I want an original 128 anyway and/or just a cheap 48k so I can rule out the DivIDE being defective.

Steve.

I had some problems with the DivIDE , because of bad formatted CF. I used Mandriva to format/partition the CF.
Finally I managed to fix it when I set the partition flag as bootable. Also, some s** CF cards like Integral will not work with DivIDE as they are manufactured as 'removable'.

Chris

I had some problems with the DivIDE , because of bad formatted CF. I used Mandriva to format/partition the CF.
Finally I managed to fix it when I set the partition flag as bootable. Also, some s** CF cards like Integral will not work with DivIDE as they are manufactured as 'removable'.

Chris

Thanks Chris,

I hoping to rule these problems out with a cheap speccy, I've tried Sandisk 256mb, Crucial 128mb, Verbatim 2gb, 4gb Samsung Microdrive and I've formatted via CF-IDE in PC with WinXP install CD, also tried in WinXP via Computer Managemnt/Storage to delete, repartition mark as active, you name it, I've tried it LOL

Steve.

@fitzsteve

how are you powering these devices my friend?

@fitzsteve

how are you powering these devices my friend?

Hi Zetro!

The DivIDE takes its power fm the Speccy, I'm using the power block off my old +2a (I never had one for this +3)

The CF-IDE s supposed to take its power from the DivIDE although there is a floppy style power connector on it but I have no cable (except for inside my PC's lol) to power it.

But its supposed to work without external power.

Oh and there will be a little Harware Pr0n for you later, my Apollo 630 arrived today, just about to install it. Geez, I really hope it works :wooha:

Steve.

soz just seen this thread now,all i can say is the heatsink grill 128s come up on ebay uk time to time,i payed way over the odds for my one *infact it came from australlia!*,oh and if stuck for psu,i noticed a megadrive 1 psu does the job.

soz just seen this thread now,all i can say is the heatsink grill 128s come up on ebay uk time to time,i payed way over the odds for my one *infact it came from australlia!*,oh and if stuck for psu,i noticed a megadrive 1 psu does the job.

Thanks for the info, I will get one at some point but at the moment Amiga's aree taking up the bulk of my spare cash lol.

Nice to know about the PSU.

Steve.

May as well close this one gents, if one comes up and I've got the funds I'll grab it. :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom