Not open for further replies.

vetz

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Country
Norway
Region
In the fjords :)
Selling my Roland SC7. Please notice that there are no power supply included (can be bought cheap on Ebay). I can include a MIDI cable if needed.

Item is located in Norway. Weight of item: 542grams without packaging.

Asking price: 35 USD + shipping. PayPal preferred.

Front:
2013-03-30%2001.02.34.jpg

Back:
2013-03-30%2001.02.48.jpg

Living in one of the most high priced countries in the world does not make it easy to sell stuff, especially outside Europe.

Lowest priced shipping to all countries outside Europe: 23 USD
Lowest priced shipping to Europe: 13.90 USD / 10.80 EURO

I'm not trying to put any shipping money into my own pocket. Here are the official English price sheet for 2013:
http://www.posten.no/en/home/_attach...ts=13c48be61f0
Just google "XX NOK in USD" and you get the converted price.

Item available elsewhere

Last edited by a moderator:
I suspect that you can also hook this upto an Amiga / Atari ST and the Spectrum 128k +2 / +2AB and +3 as Midi Software exists for these machines!

(please note you will need a MIDI interface for the Amiga)

Living in one of the most high priced countries in the world does not make it easy to sell stuff, especially to the US.

Lowest priced shipping to all countries outside Europe: 23 USD
Lowest priced shipping to Europe: 13.90 USD / 10.80 EURO

I'm not trying to put any shipping money into my own pocket. Here are the official English price sheet for 2013:
http://www.posten.no/en/home/_attachment/339655?_ts=13c48be61f0
Just google "XX NOK in USD" and you get the converted price.

What's the difference between this and the Roland MT32?

Different synthesis technology. MT32 is older and is not GM, GS or XG compatible.
Roland actually made a sysex file that rearranges the MT-32's instrument layout to be GM-compatible, though you're still out of luck with GS or XG.

The MT-32 also features user-programmable patches based on Roland's Linear Arithmetic synthesis (various games, especially from Sierra, use this feature.) According to Wikipedia, some Sound Canvas modules feature a cut-down version of this, but I've also talked with a friend who maintains that the original SC-55, at least, is fully capable of being reprogrammed. I only own an MT-32, so I dunno.

still it will sound strange... like the sysex command where you put a GM device to GS mode... it's an approximation at best and results vary greatly between devices...

The problem with that way of looking at it is that there's no standard for how GM devices sound in the first place. All that was ever specified were the names, and a number of those are only even meaningful as references to popular synth patches of the day. Everything that we've come to expect out of those sounds has been formed by consensus afterwards. Don't get me wrong, Roland's MT-32 GM set is...sub-optimal (I'm actually thinking of trying to do it better, when I get more used to patch editing,) but it matches the GM specification about as well as a lot of devices do. (It's actually a good deal better than, say, the default OPL2/3 FM drivers for Sound Blaster-compatibles - though again, someone with a decent ear for timbres and a good instrument editor could do a whole lot better than the default OPL patch sets. It really is shocking how poor they were.)

PLEASE BAN ME FROM THIS THREAD!!!
I WANT TOOOOO MUCH.
Not enough in the retro-budget for this month unfortunately.
Going to send a PM anyway to get some infoz.

Not an official declaration of interest BTW...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom