Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi Guys!

I thought I'd share some pics of my newly acquired A1200 Magic pack, Amiga Technologies A1200.

I'm not usually one to go after boxed items but I was considering one of Petro's NOS A1200's but after hearing it can be a bit of a lucky dip I decided to buy this setup instead that I was lucky to find through these very boards :bounceBoingBall:

I'm really pleased as it's in great condition including the box/contents even though it's about 18 years old!

Here's the outer carton, only some slight wear and a little bit of crushing on top where they don't fully fill the box.

P1030980-1280.jpg

Inside you can see the inserts are here as is the software pack which I understand was missing from some of the Petro units:

P1030983-1280.jpg

A little peek under the software pack reveals the A1200 and accessories :)

P1030985-1280.jpg

Here are the Books & Disks, still in really nice condition. I've put the Disks in the plastic cases to keep them safe.

P1030984-1280.jpg

Here's the A1200 unveiled. I've fitted a brand new Keyboard, there is only some slight yellowing to the top cover.

P1030986-1280.jpg

As you can see very clean, I carefully and completely stripped down this A1200 for a full once over and to install some goodies ;)

P1030987-1280.jpg

Bottom's up!

P1030989-1280.jpg

Hmmm, what's beneath the Trapdoor? :whistle:

P1030991-1280.jpg

The new ACA1220, perfect for making a WHDLoad machine with plenty of extra Ram, 128mb's worth :ninja:

Here she is with the lid off, showing off that shiny new Keyboard!

P1030992-1280.jpg

Nothing too silly installed, just a 4gb CF HDD loaded with 2000 games and the ACA1220 of course.

P1030994-1280.jpg

All working perfect, no signs of any issues yet but of course will be keeping an eye on the caps, etc :)

A nice touch is that everything is original, all serial numbers matching each other & the box. The warranty seal was in tact, but of course long since expired!

Thanks for looking! :boing:

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! I really love NOS stuff, even if it is a bit of a gamble as to whether or not it will work. I picked up a couple NOS SCSI CD-ROM drives from another board and I just got them today. I'm excited to see if they work, but they look amazing so I don't have too much worry.

Heather

Thanks for sharing! I really love NOS stuff, even if it is a bit of a gamble as to whether or not it will work. I picked up a couple NOS SCSI CD-ROM drives from another board and I just got them today. I'm excited to see if they work, but they look amazing so I don't have too much worry.

Heather

Thanks Heather :)

Actually this isn't a NOS item, it's been used but obviously well looked after and the full strip down and clean has really made it like new again!

Another reason I didn't go for the NOS Petro A1200 is I read he signs the cases which really put me off.

Ahh! I see. :)

Another reason I didn't go for the NOS Petro A1200 is I read he signs the cases which really put me off.
Ugh! I really wouldn't want anyone signing my computers, even if they were pivotal in the creation. To me, a 'signed' computers are worth less than a pristine one.

Heather

What are the motherboard revisions on these A/T units ?

Are these the troublesome 2b ones or something else ?

I was reading an article that suggested the later 2b boards had various timing related issues, but Ive never seen a complete list of revisions/who manufactured what/etc etc.

I think it was 2b anyway, or could have been 2d.

Whatever it is, the condition looks ace there Steve :)

Thanks WonkeyDonkey :)

I haven't actually checked what revision it is, I've not removed the shielding! I know you can peek through and see but I didn't think to check.

I heard some AT units were even shipped with 1D4 so it's not guaranteed you will get a 2b and nor is it a given that you will have timing issues, it seems to very from board to board across all revisions.

I think they just used whatever bits were available at the time, this is why you nee some Amiga's yellowing before others, some keys yellowing before others, etc.

I like it this way though as each Amiga almost has their own personality! :cool:

thats very true steve,ive seen anything from a 1.d.1 to a 2.b in a at case:)

thats a really nice system steve you got lucky there:)

I think they just used whatever bits were available at the time, this is why you nee some Amiga's yellowing before others, some keys yellowing before others, etc.

I think you're right about that.

The keyboard on one of my A600s has most of its keys yellowed, however a few of them are still 100% white, so apparently they were made with a different kind of plastic. They have the same age, as the machine used to be a friend of mine's who bought it from new. I know that he never took it apart, so it was 100% original when I got it.

On the bottom I can see that it used to be an Italian version, and the white keys correspond to the keys that had to be replaced to convert it to Danish layout. I wouldn't mind getting a full A600 keyboard with un-yellowable keys. :)

I like it this way though as each Amiga almost has their own personality! :cool:

The exact reason why I've loved the Amiga and all of the variations, always :) They get a cool wear'n'tear or 'hard yakka' look..... I like it!

I have a Petro A1200 ... need to keep an eye on the innards too ... Personally don't mind the sig, adds a bit of a wow factor ...

Nice score fitzsteve! Very nice :)

.aZtOcKdOg | .Key-J FReeLY

Back
Top Bottom