GBA1000 rev4 Build Log

BloodyCactus

Country
USA
Region
Lexington VA
Thought I'd start a thread for everoyne building the new rev4 thats arriving in our hot sweaty hands right now!

So I'll kick it off my with progress... which isnt much. Right now the goal is to obtain the rest of the parts..

Its hard because we have not accurate BOM for the rev4. The rev0 BOM is no good to us.

Unfortunatly, the schematics are done in eagle 3.5, and I currently have Eagle v4, v5, and v6... which does not like v3.5 schematics, so it alters them :(

So, for example, take resistor, R135 (see also R136, R137, R138 ), its of type 0206, Its a MELF, ok... but we have no resistance ohm value :(

so the challenge now is to finalise a complete BOM....

Attachments

• x1.png
    x1.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 14
  • x2.png
    x2.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 10
  • x3.png
    x3.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 10
Good idea. Many values are missing, so it's almost impossible to complete this board. Now let's find someone with Eagle 3.5!

yeah. I have 3.55 but getting it to run... Right now I'm hunting old redhat linux iso's to install... which seem to have disappeared from the net :( I'm trying to install redhat 4.1 which dates to about 1997? the big problem is 3.5 has OLD requirements, libc5/libm5 etc which nobody has used in... well since about 1997!

not having much luck. I have a redhat 7 install (it has a copy of Gobe Office for Linux on it) that didnt run it.

mirroring an old red hat 4.2 directory to do an install from hopefully :/

I got eagle 3.55 running on xp but when exporting a partlist i get the some sad results...
Still some parts without values.:(

Attachments

• A1000_Board_04.txt
    30.2 KB · Views: 9
Where can I download Eagle's files ?
It's juste the schematics or schematics + board ? You have libs too ?

Thanks BloodyCactus.

I can't open the schematics with Eagle V6.1 but the board yes. It's fine with V4.13 and V4.16R8...

Maybe Hese can help us with his board.

I can't open the schematics with Eagle V6.1 but the board yes. It's fine with V4.13 and V4.16R8...
I can open with all v4/v5/v6 versions. the problem, it renames some things so "foo" becomes "foo@3" which is not so bad, but some components have no value (see my first post). I was hoping that the v3.55 would have them but I dont know fore sure if they show up correctly under v3.55 or still have missing values.

Maybe Hese can help us with his board.
his board is a rev0, he does not have r135/r136/r137/r138, etc with the missing values etc. our board is a rev4 and slightly different.

After looking the file posted by jawd, the components with unknown value are:

R135, R136, R137, R138, RN5, L1 to L23, L25, L27 to L89, L91 to L99 and L104

Right?

For various Lxx (excluding L104 that not exists in rev.0 board) i can assume that this components are the same of board rev.0 if make the same work.
This components are ferrite bead, 78x 150 ohm Würth code 74279212 and 23x 48 ohm/6A Würth code 742792117.
The 742792117 is out of production, i find only a site that sell them but in bags of 3000 pieces.
It seems that the same number of component have the same value in both the BOM (for example R52 has a value of 10k in both)

RN5 This is signed as "n.b." also in BOM of board rev.0, this component is used or not?

For the rest i have no idea.
Probably to find out the remaining values ​​must ask those who have a rev.4 board or at Georg Braun.

Kipper2k has ask in the other thread if anyone was interested in GALS, Oscillator and mc68882, but before kipper2k want to send all board.

i have most everything except the resistors/capacitors and a couple of logic chips.
i have all my sockets, gals, cpu, osc, 74 logics etc. once we know the missing values from the capacitors/resistors I'll be able to get all I need from mouser and can start my build.

GAL question

GAL question

Hi,
I would like to be sure, GAL16V8-25 can be used in place of GAL16V8-15, can't be?

i do have the BOM for the rev 4 parts. it is in the form of an excel spreadsheet. i'll post it later today.

edit, its in the zip

Attachments

• bom.zip
    23.6 KB · Views: 17
@wali7

Change only the speed, the -25 is more slower that -15.
Can work well, can slower the gba1000 or can don't work.
Personally, if i don't able to find a -15 (but i get them to kipper2k when his do a global order) i would opt for a faster version, not slower.

---------- Post added at 14:28 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

@kipper2k

In the BOM that you have posted (bom.zip) ten minutes ago missing some components:
They are:
R135
R136
R137
R138
L104

and this has n.b. as value:
RN5

They are signed on the board with respective pads, must be left empty?

Nice BOM with distibutors and prices !
I'm waiting kipper's second global order too specially for the LSI1024 who is obsolete...

i'll probably start canvassing people for Gals after next weekend (not this weekend) once i recheck availability and prices.

Carefull ! This is the BOM for the rev. 0 board, the rev 4 is different! (although much of the birdfeed is identical)

Where to find bom and other specs for rev4? Georg Braun has published complete documentation for rev 0 only, is it possible to find complete docs for rev 4 anywhere?
I thought the only difference between revs 0 and 4 is pcb layout, but it seems I was wrong :(

i do have the BOM for the rev 4 parts. it is in the form of an excel spreadsheet. i'll post it later today.

edit, its in the zip

careful, this is the rev0 bom from the rev4 zip file!

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

Where to find bom and other specs for rev4? Georg Braun has published complete documentation for rev 0 only, is it possible to find complete docs for rev 4 anywhere?
I thought the only difference between revs 0 and 4 is pcb layout, but it seems I was wrong :(

the zip file has schematics etc for the rev4, but a no complete rev4 bom.
also the schematics for the rev4 have a couple of missing component values (see some posts higher up in this thread).

Back
Top Bottom