Closed Granny's Garden for the BBC Micro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaRabbit

Video Game Merchandise Collector
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Country
UK
Region
South Gloucestershire
A nostalgic one, this.

I'm looking for the classic educational adventure game, Granny's Garden, for the BBC Micro.

The disk must be original. The manual and any other accompanying materials from the time would be nice to have, but are not a requirement.

Thanks!

Haha, thanks very much!

What sticks with me, incidentally, is the unworldly laugh she has. Memorable stuff.

Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck so far, so this'll have to serve as a bump. :p

Good luck on it, im also after a copy.

If only schools hadnt of chucked out all there old BBC Micros all those years ago

Hahaha! In one version, the password is instead, "LOG", if memory serves (I think it's the Amstrad CPC port). :p

Also, DBloke, good luck to you also!

My school had several copies, but I'm pretty sure every single one was pie rot. In my school they believed that you could copy anything you want so long as it was for educational use...

Haha, "pie rot", I'm going to have to write that one down. Part of me is thinking, "Wow, what great values to teach the pupils.", there. :p

It really is a shame that so many of these were destroyed; I can remember watching a teacher cutting up old BBC Micro disks, once, even though the school wasn't getting rid of any of the BBC gear at all, and it remained in use for years afterwards.

Anyway, still looking, as you might imagine... ;)

Have you made a post on the Stairway To Hell forum? You're not allowed to discuss copies of it there, but you can ask for legal originals.

I haven't, no, but I was browsing there just a few days ago and had been considering it. Since I'm looking for something else Acorn-related as well, at the moment, I probably ought to hop on over and give it a shot, I suppose!

Thanks for the advice!

Sadly still looking. The witch keeps sending me home at once.

Im sure I played a game like this at school (the first time I ever used a computer) the game had a castle and frog and was similar , do you know if there is another game like this.

I can remember a few graphic adventures in the same vein as Granny's Garden (but annoyingly, not their names...), but that one doesn't sound familiar, I'm afraid - sorry about that.

If it was another BBC Micro title, it might be worth asking over on StarDot, since someone there might know. :)

I honestly had no idea this would turn out to be so difficult to find! But I am still looking. Any help appreciated, as ever. :)

Been a while since I bumped this, but I'm stiiiiiiiiiiiil looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom