AndyLandy

Acceleration!
Country
UK
Region
Southampton
online4k.jpg

Yay! An Amiga on the Internet!

Shout outs to johnim for his excellent SFS guide and fitzsteve for his equally excellent Internet access with MiamiDX guide. And of course to Zetr0, who's invaluable advice allowed me to set up ClassicWB with Workbench 3.9 and put everything together!

Thanks guys!

:grouphug:

AWESOME!

.... and with extra added hires pr0n!

WIN!

Nice one Andy. Enjoy the internet how it was meant to be.

.... and with extra added hires pr0n!

Oops. That wasn't intentional. It's been so long since I did any photos here that I forgot that would happen!

I've replaced the pic with a somewhat scaled-down version that still shows what I wanted it to.

(y)

Awesome! I suggest you install Wokiechat (IRC Client) ASAP (y)

Of course, the sad news is that this isn't my miggy. It belongs to a very good friend of mine, who lent it to me for me to set up for him. So, he'll be getting it back in the near future.

That all said, I'll be doing all this again with my own A3000 Real Soon Now! :LOL:

(y)

Good stuff! I've been waiting to get my Amiga online, but I finally did last night. I decided to purchase EasyNet from AmigaKit. I had trouble, but I figured it out with AmigaKit's help. I'll be writing a review of EasyNet once I get a response to a few questions from AmigaKit

Heather

Good stuff! I've been waiting to get my Amiga online, but I finally did last night. I decided to purchase EasyNet from AmigaKit. I had trouble, but I figured it out with AmigaKit's help. I'll be writing a review of EasyNet once I get a response to a few questions from AmigaKit

Heather

Looks like we've both had a weekend of making Amigas go online! :LOL:

I'm currently using MiamiDX, but I'm curious to know what other TCP/IP stacks other folks are using and how they rate them.

(y)

I'll definitely let you know how EasyNet works when I write the review. I bought it because it's still being developed. The problem I had with it could be a major one for users, that's why I'm waiting on a response from AmigaKit before I do the review.

Still, the main reason for me to get the Amiga online was to download from AmiNet and copy files across the network. (y)

Heather

Still, the main reason for me to get the Amiga online was to download from AmiNet and copy files across the network. (y)

Heather

Same here - using Miami DX as I had it. It was a pain to set up though at first. No idea if I could do it again!
:picard

Nice work Andy! (y)

I've used Miami, MiamiDX, and Genesis with success. But this was with dialup IP connections. Of course, it gets more complicated when you switch from dynamic to static IP connections. ;)

P.S. The primary motivation for my speedup mods was to be able use my Amiga's at a decent internet speed but unfortunately the software development didn't keep pace and the demands of some modern internet apps challenge the limits of the fastest 060 accelerators.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom