Not open for further replies.

Kyr_Soronas

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Athens
I'm looking for an Amstrad CPC 6128 with a monitor if available. I had one, but the floppy drive crashed and my brother threw it away, many many years back....If anyone has an Amstrad CPC 6128, i'm willing to buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
no amstrad found ? :unsure::( ....there is no need to have a monitor.....only the main unit....if by any chance anyone has one ...please let me know...thank you in advance

Hi dude, I have a 6128plus here. I'll fish it out and see if it's all still working ok as I haven't used it in a wee while.

SJ

Ok, I've had a wee look at it.

The disk drive needed a new drive belt as the old one had turned to chewing gum so i've changed that and it would appear to be behaving normally. If I turn it on and press F2 i can hear the theme music for Burning Rubber playing ok. Pressing F1 to go in to BASIC and typing run"disc" the drive whirrs away and seems to track fine.

The problem is i chopped the end off the monitor lead and put a SCART socket in it's place so I could use it with my Amiga some years back which means I can't actually plug it in to the monitor and see what's going on. :Doh:

If i can find the original connector I should be able to get all hooked up again. If not, it might not be worth the trouble.

SJ

Situation update dudes, I've found the missing part so it'll be a simple matter to stick it all back the the way it was originally. It won't be 100% original but it should work perfectly well.

Here's some pics so you can see what's what. I'll post some more here when i'm done.

SJ

Attachments

• AmstradCPC_04a.jpg
    AmstradCPC_04a.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 0
  • AmstradCPC_05b.jpg
    AmstradCPC_05b.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 0
If allowed, I would like to jump third in line, regardless of connector states. I'm only really interested in the unit - not the monitor though.

Success dudes!

Everything seems to be working fine. I guess it's just down to the original poster to say whether or not he still wants it. I'll have to find out how much it all weighs though as the monitor is fairly chunky. I think it'll probably be well over 10kg for everything.

Here's some pics for you showing the machine in action. One running Burning Rubber off of the ROM cartridge and one playing Fast Food off the floppy drive.

SJ

Attachments

• AmstradCPC_07a.jpg
    AmstradCPC_07a.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 0
  • AmstradCPC_08a.jpg
    AmstradCPC_08a.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 0
  • AmstradCPC_06a.jpg
    AmstradCPC_06a.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Zoltar, that's a lovely machine.
Reminds me of my CPC6128 I had back in the day.
Never had a + though.

I had a 464 originally when i younger. Bloody ace it was, although I always lusted after the 6128. Ah, those were the days...

:):beer:

SJ

I had a 464 originally when i younger. Bloody ace it was, although I always lusted after the 6128. Ah, those were the days...
We had (well, I STILL have) a CPC6128, but realised that it was cheaper for me to get a tape lead, cheap tape player, and buy CPC464 tape games instead :roll:

Not sure how to go about this - it seems like a MEGA thread-jack.:whistle:

Anyhoo - to update the thread and let people know what is going on, I have bought and sent money for the 6128+ offered by Zoltar (Base unit only). The problem is that the thread was originally a want-ad by Kyr_Soronas.

I guess Kyr_Soronas is still on the lookout for a 6128.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom