Not open for further replies.

Chinners

Rating - 100%
189   0   0
Country
England
Region
North Yorkshire
JUST FOR CLARITY. I have all the soundblasters I need.

I'm looking for a Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16. It needs to be a non-pnp version, have a proper OPL AY sound chip, ISA connector and of course be in working condition. Box etc isn't necessary, I want to use it, not display it ;)

I have quite a few isa bits 'n' bobs "spare" to tempt swapsies:
Sound Cards:
Various Yamaha 71?
PC Music Adlib Clone (may still have box stashed somewhere)
SB Awe64 Value, Standard AWE64, AWE64 Gold

3Com network adapter

Generic (but fast) Vga card

IDE disk controller

Adaptect SCSI Host adapter (AH1510)

I have also a small selection of PCI & Early AGP GFX Adapters to tempt:
Cirrus Logic PCI
Riva TNT AGP
Voodoo 3 AGP

I will add more detail when I go through my box of bits tonight.

I will also consider buying the right SB16, but I do need to clear out some clutter (and stop spending!) so would rather wait for potential swaps before hand.

(p.s. I wouldn't mind getting 2 SB16s ;)

Last edited:
I am pretty sure I have a CT1740 somewhere, does it suit your needs Chinners?

Is CT1740 what you need? If so, I have one for you.

Attachments

• IMG_20130729_220245.jpg
    IMG_20130729_220245.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20130729_220302.jpg
    IMG_20130729_220302.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 0
Card #1 just arrived from TheCellar Troll, +ve on it's way.
Card #2 in transit from Keropi :)

Do we mark this thread as "found" Chinners? or you need moar sb16s?

Do we mark this thread as "found" Chinners? or you need moar sb16s?

ooh.... um, probably best not get more... unless... erm. no. no more needed. :whistle:

But do I set it the flag to found, or swapped as it's both.
Could we have a new tag "fapped" just for these rare circumstances :unsure::blink:

Hi Chinners,

I know you want to swap for an SB16, which unfortunately I don't have. Do any of your YMF71? cards have an IDE connector and would you be willing to sell it?

Cheers

Card arrived from Keropi safe n sound. Feedback on its way.

---------- Post added at 21:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:50 ----------

Hi Chinners,

I know you want to swap for an SB16, which unfortunately I don't have. Do any of your YMF71? cards have an IDE connector and would you be willing to sell it?

Cheers

Hi Orcish,

None of the YM cards have an ide port I'm afraid. May I ask, does it have to be a YM71? I have found that these are a bit unstable and rather noisy. I have 3, and they all keep forgetting which hardware they support. I now understand why they are cheap.

If you're simply after connecting a cd rom to an old pc, will an IDE controller do?

I do, however have an ess audiodrive which I am hoping to retire later this week. The exact model escapes me but it has good 8bit sound blaster support, the fm emulation is great, and yes, it does have an ide controller. In windows 98 it is a great 16 bit card too. If you're interested in either an ide controller or the ess send me a pm, and we can sort something out.

(y)

Hi Chinners,

Thanks for the reply, sorry for not getting back to you earlier. I've currently got an ESS688 in my A2000 connected to an A2286 bridgeboard. I'm using the IDE interface on the ESS688 to drive a CF card for the bridgeboard. I've read a few posts on Vogons about the YMF718/9 cards and a lot of them mention that they're decent cards, so I wanted to give it a shot.

I wanted one with an IDE port as the other two ISA slots in my A2000 are taken up by a VGA card and a 3COM network card, so the last slot needed a soundcard with an IDE port so I could use a harddrive/CF card.

Thanks for the offer though! (y)

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom