Not open for further replies.

irn-bru

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
Scotland
Region
Perth
This has now been FOUND!!! Thanks for the offers...

Hi AmiBayers.

I'm looking to purchase an nice Amiga 1200 from some wonderful person (preferably from the UK but anywhere considered). Having been out of the scene for a number of years - but have read a bit about today's modifications, etc - I'm looking for a good 1200 with as much done to it as possible so I don't have to tinker and mess it all up. I understand it's gonna depend on how much I want to spend - and how willing the seller is to part with said 1200 - so money-wise... I'm looking to spend around £200 or so. What that shall get me, I will wait and see.

Hope you guys can help!

Thanks,
IB

Last edited:
Hi

I have a nice white A1200 std with 4GB CF card installed with original powersupply and mouse.
It has official Kickstart 3.1 Roms and I have the original 3.0 Roms to supply as well as the original workbench floppy disk package...

Fully working, great output on RGB and composite, will even chuck in a joystick for you..

Asking price £95 plus p&p

TC :)

Hi

I have a nice white A1200 std with 4GB CF card installed...
Thanks for replying with an offer, much appreciated. Do you have any more upgrades for it? Like, more RAM and what not? I was looking to buy something that I really don't have to do too much to. Is everything installed on the HD that I'd need? I was reading about adf's and lha's and would be using WHDLoad which needs more RAM if I'm not mistaken? I've been out of contact with Amigas for years now so have forgotten everything I ever learned :unsure:

What I'm trying to say is, I'd prefer to make things easy for myself and have lots of stuff already in/on the 1200 I buy :LOL:

IB

Id buy a standard one mate and do it up yourself

Its much more satisfying that way

Hi

I have a nice white A1200 std with 4GB CF card installed...
Thanks for replying with an offer, much appreciated. Do you have any more upgrades for it? Like, more RAM and what not? I was looking to buy something that I really don't have to do too much to. Is everything installed on the HD that I'd need? I was reading about adf's and lha's and would be using WHDLoad which needs more RAM if I'm not mistaken? I've been out of contact with Amigas for years now so have forgotten everything I ever learned :unsure:

What I'm trying to say is, I'd prefer to make things easy for myself and have lots of stuff already in/on the 1200 I buy :LOL:

IB

The CF card comes with Classic workbench pre-installed plus lots of extras..
Simply open the trapdoor, insert 020 accelerator as pointed out by my friend rkauer and just start up...simples :)

There are so many modern accelerators on the market these days it's usually left to the buyer to choose the level he wants, ie RAM, 020 or 030.

Amigakit are up the road from me so what I can offer is, choose your expansion, amigakit will deliver to me and I can install it for you and send the whole A1200 up to you..

But really don't be worried, fitting the card yourself is really very easy and quick...

To just play games and the odd mod music listening all you want is an A1200 like my good friend TC is offering and this spanking brand-new accelerator: http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=43&products_id=1100

A 020 with 128Mb(!) of FAST RAM will make the A1200 able to run WHDLoad for most games (not all games, some requiring the very expensive 060 cards).
Thanks for the info, rkauer! Read and noted.

Id buy a standard one mate and do it up yourself

Its much more satisfying that way
Hmm, that's what I was thinking but being out of touch with it all for so long, I wasn't sure what the best thing was to do. Thanks for the comment though.

I would push the boat out a little further and go for a 68030 accelerator rather than just a ram boost. Maybe this accelerator:

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=43&products_id=1113

or the one £10 cheaper, but slightly slower

Have fun! :D
Thanks. It's good to know you guys are here to help and offer suggestions. As with rkauer... read and noted. :)

The CF card comes with Classic workbench pre-installed plus lots of extras..
Simply open the trapdoor, insert 020 accelerator as pointed out by my friend rkauer and just start up...simples :)

There are so many modern accelerators on the market these days it's usually left to the buyer to choose the level he wants, ie RAM, 020 or 030.

Amigakit are up the road from me so what I can offer is, choose your expansion, amigakit will deliver to me and I can install it for you and send the whole A1200 up to you..

But really don't be worried, fitting the card yourself is really very easy and quick...

Thanks, TC. PM'd you. :)

Sent a PM re a full package inc RAM, CF card etc all setup.:)

If you take TC's package, I can split some items if you need them

FOUND

FOUND

This is now a 'Found' thread. Payment sent and awaiting delivery of Amiga 1200... thanks limboy777!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom