A4K case repair

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
hello all,
My A4K case took a bit of a beating via a courier so i thought i'd try to tart it up a little.
I bought some modellers plastic putty, this stuff is great, it is white in colour and dries stone hard!
so fill hole, let it dry, using some P1200 grit sandpaper sand and shape the filler to match the original contours, then paint over, that's it, job done

cheers, JuvUK

Attachments

• hole in case.jpg
    hole in case.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 0
  • plastic putty.jpg
    plastic putty.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 0
  • filling and sanding.jpg
    filling and sanding.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 0
  • filling.jpg
    filling.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 0
  • repaired.jpg
    repaired.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 0
  • A4K front.jpg
    A4K front.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 0
Great work my friend!!,

I am still baffed how the courier managed to play football with such a huge parcel!!!

please note that picture 2 - looks like the hallowed of holy plastic epoxies!!!

damn those careless courriers, I have received packages under layers of foam that could not survive the "evil courriers of +5 damage"
nice job Juv!

Now you only need a bit of matte spray to shape the floppy and CD bezels to match this lovely looking tower.

Great job, Juzzer. I'm impressed!

thanks rkauer, those drives were beige and i thought painting them gloss would be a good contrast, but i think you're right and satin black would look better :cool:

indeed nice job, learning here a lot:roll: did you learn by having car issues:p (only joking)

Is the spray for the case used not matched with the cdrom? I had strange results with spraying a case and a dvd rom too with the same paint.:whistle:

i painted the drives in gloss to stand out, but i think i'm going to change them to satin black :D

/....body filler....

Christ, these bloody car dealers get everywhere! :LOL:

Seroiusly though Juzzer, well done fella. I'd deinitely have binned it. :cool:

Kin

Back
Top Bottom