Switchless Megadrive, Mega CD & 32X

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Hi all, really i'm just showing off now so I thought i'd provide some pics of my Mega CD setup :LOL:

The Genesis is fitted with the switchless pic chip and this also controls switching of the MegaCD & 32x. The MegaCD has a multibios chip and switches with the machine to the corresponding bios. The 32x has also been modded to get its region setting from the main console. This was achieved by adding a wire from the pic to pin 1 of the video connector and then a wire from pin 6 of the AV In (32x) to the region select pads. Excuse the dirt/dust, it needs a clean.

So we have a UK Pal MegaCD Mark 1, US Genesis Mark 1 & US 32x Mark 1.

1.JPG

EU Pal

2.JPG

UK Pal MegaCD Bios

3.JPG

US NTSC

4.JPG

US NTSC Bios

5.JPG

JP NTSC

6.JPG

JP NTSC Bios

7.JPG

I have also performed the same modifications to my Megadrive II & MegaCD II combo.

Living the dream! :LOL:

Ah 1993... How I miss thee...

Nice setup (y)

Very nice, A Mega Everdrive. I'm jelly!

Shame you havn't got a Sega CD to match the rest of the US gear.

Hi Tokyo, I did have the Sega CD II (US) but it died a couple weeks back. I might look for a Sega CD bezel for this one though

I'm currently negotiating with astral to swap the front section of the mark 1 for his genesis version. The mark 2 I also have a pal one but its a different revision so the case doesn't fit the us version

I'm currently negotiating with astral to swap the front section of the mark 1 for his genesis version. The mark 2 I also have a pal one but its a different revision so the case doesn't fit the us version
Ah sorry I mis-read and didn't see the "II". Know what yuo mean and yeah would be great if you can swap or swap the whole units.

Good luck. (y)

Back
Top Bottom