Sold Sega MegaDrive II's with Region Free Switchless Mod (20 units)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzsteve

Retired Slacker
AmiBayer
Blogger
Rating - 100%
1041   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi!

I have 20 MegaDrive II's for sale which have the Region Free Switchless Mod fitted, this is the kit available from Tech Shack:

techshack.jpg

This Modification will allow you to use Games from any region on your MegaDrive II and also let you run Games at 50hz/60hz.

By holding the reset button you can cycle through 3 available modes. The region is indicated by the colour of the LED, when the LED is at the desired region, release the reset button:

-50Hz/en (Europe, green)
-60Hz/en (USA, orange)
-60HZ/jp (Japan, red)

Releasing the switch sets the mode without resetting the console.

Tap reset briefly to reset console.

Here are some pics:

P1050176.JPG

P1050177.JPG

50Hz

P1050184.JPG

60Hz

P1050185.JPG

And a short Video:

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkud3XnmsZU[/m]

The asking price is Now £15 + P&P per unit - There are 5 units available.

I also have a limited number of genuine Sega MDII PSU's available for £5 extra. (6-8 units)

These are sold as main unit only (+PSU if required) no Pad/cables inc.

Units vary in condition, they have some marks on the cases and some are missing expansion covers, what you are paying for is the modification and that the unit is fully tested & working, not the cosmetic condition so please bare this in mind, I will however try to supply the cleanest units to the first buyers (from order paid)

Postage Guide:

UK will be £5 for just the console and £6.50 if you buy a PSU (MyHermes) other services available on request.

Overseas will be £10 in EU and £16 outside (by Airmail) Adding a PSU will considerably increase the price outside UK. Tracking is optional at £5 extra.

Many thanks to tech shack for supplying the Mod Kits and TheCorfiot for completing the Mods, I hope the community enjoy these (y)

1 unit sold to pstrinic
1 unit sold to hyperfan
1 unit (+PSU) sold to quasar247
1 unit (+PSU) sold to pauljh
1 unit sold to protek

1 unit sold to A
miga Forever
1 Unit & PSU sold to Harrison
2 Units + PSU's sold to Young_Scott
1 Unit Sold to dj.echo
1 Unit Sold to scoobyatgb
1 unit sold to mes83

There are now just 6 units available!

Update 21/9/13

Price dropped on the remaining units to just £15.00 + P&P

Please note I cannot accept returns at this price as it's making a loss now, price is to clear. You might need an RGB Scart lead to use these and you might find your TV isn't compatible with all modes, I can't accept any returns at the new price if this is the case.

I will of course refund or replace any unit found to be faulty excluding any postage costs.

As earlier explained all units have been tested and will be tested again prior to shipping.

Most are now missing the side expansion cover.

**Note now also listed elsewhere too**

Terms of sale:

• Payment is by PayPal, Bank Transfer or Neteller. Buyer pays any associated fees
  • Overseas shipping is possible but at the buyers risk - If insurance is taken I will handle the claim in the event of loss/damage and will pass on any received compensation
  • I will accept returns on my items but return shipping is to be paid by the buyer regardless of the reason/s for return.
  • Unless otherwise stated prices are not negotiable
  • Unless agreed otherwise payment is expected within 24hrs after interest declared, I reserve the right to move onto next in line after this time frame.

If you do not accept my terms please do not declare interest.

Last edited:
interested depending on something
[ok, just to clarify, and stop me looking stupid, no real interest was declared. Its a case of "you had to be there" ;)]

Last edited:
Thread updated, PM operators on standby :LOL:

(Any declarations before this post are invalid :p)

Last edited:
SO you selling Megadrive 2 with mod inside it? Nice one(y)

So it is

£27.99 for Mod
£5 for megadrive II Console
£6.50 for psu
£10 for postages

is that correct for total?:unsure:

No, it's £27.99 for a fully modded console. (y)

If you want a PSU it's £5 extra but I only have about 6-8 spare PSU's!

Postage depends on if you need a PSU or not.

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

Better Pics & Video added (y)

Hi Guys!

I'm adjusting the price to £24.99 per unit + P&P with PSU's optional @£5 extra still. Remember I only have about 6-8 PSU's.

This is as tight on the margin as I can go so if no interest @Amibay I'll need to list on other sites since I've made a big investment to bring these to the community.

Bare in mind that Console Passion charge £25 for the modding work + postage costs both ways so you effectively get a free MDII here!

Thanks for looking (y)

Steve.

Oh go on then.....:) Declaring interest in a unit + PSU please! PM sent....

Any idea of shipping costs to the US? Is there an option to just get the mod?

Any idea of shipping costs to the US? Is there an option to just get the mod?

Hi!

You can buy the mod kit from tech shack direct, beware the cabling is a bit thick for the md's as I think it was intended for a Saturn, we used thinner calbling.

Shipping to USA for just an md2 would be about £14 by Airmail or £20 if you want tracking.

@hyperfan, i'll pm you when I get home tonight :)

Steve.

I'll take one of your co plate units. Sounds a lot smarter than me hacking on it. PM on the way.

1 Unit sold to quasar247

PM sent to pstrinic & hyperfan with payment details (y)

@mwillerton please PM me if you want to go ahead :)

1 unit sold to pstrinic & 1 unit sold to hyperfan

Thanks for your purchases guys (y)

declaring interested in one if shipping to belgium is OK without PSU. I also don't need the sega cd covers. But woold like a nice condition :D if possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom