My custom A1200D PPC...

Had a go at it, but nada.. :( Actually, not a real functional problem, more of a common sense one. My Draco has 44 MB RAM. The anim file is an 55 MB size, and i get an error of not enough memory when i load it.
I managed to 'chop' about 200 frames off the original so i could try with a smaller file, but i still run out of memory! You can see the various results i had while trying to play the anim through Deluxe Paint, DirOpus etc..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2EfeuDEOJQ&feature=channel_video_title
Lemme explain a few things about the video: first, sorry about the quality, it was shot with an uber-low res crappy HP camera :blased: I was actually bored to charge my camcorder's battery to be honest..
The Draco has (through a menu) a 'SCSI spinup delay' at startup.
I tried using ADPro 060's ANIM loader, but got an error saying something about a Malformat on the file, and missing LTDA (or LTAD, something like that) chunk. It actually started loading, but about at 1% popped that error. Will make an extra video for that. The clip is 10 minutes long, which is the limit of Youtube on ordinary accounts.
Thanks anyway Marios! (y) Gotta 'boost' my Draco a bit some time sooner or later.

Better use PPaint to check Animation. It loads it pretty fast!
44Megs are indeed low for that sort of animation :(

I even copied it to RAM to be faster on load and also let it play one time (where it was really slow). The next time it was a lot better and it was the video that I uploaded on YouTube.

Really enjoyed having another good read through your thread - thanks again for posting along with all your videos.

Love the Linux video as well, even though your Amiga was working very hard to deliver it, by rights a 20 year old computer has no right really to be able to get anywhere near loading it in my humble opinion.. Awesome!!(y)

Great machine honestly, keep up the good work (y)

Thanks for the good words my friend.

Atm my A1200 donated some of her organs (Swap of Indy, ACard, Ratte's Auto RTG/AGA switch, Delfina) to the bigger A4000 sister.

I'm having other plans for teh beasty, and since I have a spare UMON I have no problem with switching her between RTG and maybe the future Indivision mk2.

Tbh I haven't decided if I'm gonna keep and upgrade it slowly or split it up and only keep the A4000 and the A600 :)

Time will tell but for now... I don't need funds nor I have an appetite for selling her out :)

Back
Top Bottom