AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hey guys,

My console bad luck continues :picard

I got some new Games today for my 3DO, I was happily playing Super Street Fighter II Turbo (awesome version of the Game on the 3DO, I highly recommend it to any 3DO owner who likes a bit of SFII)

All was well so I played some Doom (not a very good version) :whistle:

Followed by another new game I bought 'Total Eclipse' sadly during the intro Video my 3DO decided to switch it's self off and now when I power it up it will switch off after a couple of seconds and that's it, no more life :(

Does anyone have any experience of this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Steve.

sorry to hear this steve i hope someone can sort it out for you mate

i have an fz1 that works perfectly but the disc drive has died annoyingly. have you opened it up yet and have a looksie?

Not opened it yet, that will be the best thing to do and check the caps as wmsteele suggests. (Thanks!)

Geeze I have a lot of stuff to get re-capped now :whistle:

(2 Game gears, 2 Lynx's and probably now this...)

As far i know there is a common problem for 3DO, the power supply failure. I can sent you the schematics of the psu PCB and i can tell you what to check. But there are many different versions of the 3DO, what type is yours?

As far i know there is a common problem for 3DO, the power supply failure. I can sent you the schematics of the psu PCB and i can tell you what to check. But there are many different versions of the 3DO, what type is yours?

Steve has a FZ-1

Steve, test with an adapter of current of 15V type as the portable computers, many people they use it to substitute the original transformer and it works, or there looks very well at the condensers of the source for which it has looks of whom it is possible that it is this problem :)

Back
Top Bottom