Half-Saint

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
210   0   0
Country
Slovenia
Region
Ljubljana
Selling two working 5.25" 1.2MB floppy disk drives TEAC FD-55GFR 7193-U.

Both have been tested with 360K floppies - format, copy to disk, copy from disk. All without errors.

Price: 20€ per drive + pp (14€ within the EU) or 30€ for both drives + pp (20€ within the EU)

Attachments

• teac_front.jpg
    teac_front.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 0
  • teac_back.jpg
    teac_back.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Completely dead? Both drives worked when I shipped them. would you like a refund or another drive? I don't have any more Teac's.

Completely dead? Both drives worked when I shipped them. would you like a refund or another drive? I don't have any more Teac's.

Yeah one of them is completely dead. I was disapointed since these drives are or very good quality and they read disks very well. Like i said the other one works great.

It seems that it is not even powering on so it might be something power related. A partial refund would be better, because buying another one adds the expense of shipping cost. Anyway, when i have the time i'm still gonna try to check the soldering on the power connector to see if the drive is receiving power like it should.

For some criticism, you should never ship these drives with the heads on down position with nothing between them as if these touch one another could potentially render them useless. Some people put a disk inside or a piece of paper to ensure the heads won't touch one another. This wasn't what cause one of the drives to die as it seems it's a power issue, but keep it in mind.

Anyway i'm very happy with the drive that is working, so let me know what you want to agree on.

I'm sorry about this, didn't know that shipping them with heads down would hurt. If I left the heads up, there was quite a lot of wobble. I'll keep this in mind for next time.

I refunded payment for one drive. You're welcome to keep the non-working drive for parts. I do however hope that you get it working! Sorry again for the trouble.

All the best,
Bojan

P.S. Feedback has been left.

Last edited:
I'm sorry about this, didn't know that shipping them with heads down would hurt. If I left the heads up, there was quite a lot of wobble. I'll keep this in mind for next time.

I refunded payment for one drive. You're welcome to keep the non-working drive for parts. I do however hope that you get it working! Sorry again for the trouble.

All the best,
Bojan

P.S. Feedback has been left.

No worries, you are right about vibration being not good, but when locking the heads one must use something between the heads to avoid physical contact between them.

Thanks for the refund, i found it to be fair. I will leave feedback as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom