Amiga 1200 + USB Mouse adapter = No Right Mouse button

everblue

AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
MALTA
I just got an A1200 motherboard, and after setting it up I found that when using my USB mouse adapter I bought from Ebay a few weeks ago (I don't have a proper Amiga mouse to test), the Right Mouse Button does not work. I tried more than one mouse.

Interestingly, when I press LMB + RMB while booting I *DO* get to the boot menu...

I tried a little program called 'FixRMB', but it just seems to force right mouse button down all the time as I cannot get rid of the Workbench menu at all after running it.

Help please :)

Edit: This is the adapter I bought: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120814385754

Last edited:
I've had this before with a different type of Mouse adapter, I never found the reason why but the adapter worked fine with another A1200 and also my A4000. I'm not saying the Motherboard is faulty since it works with a normal Amiga mouse, maybe just some kind of incompatibility?

Last edited:
I did some research and it seems this is just some sort of motherboard incompatibilty, has to do with voltages i think.

I did some research and it seems this is just some sort of motherboard incompatibilty, has to do with voltages i think.

you can check the voltages going to it with a multimeter,5 volt logic doesent like going much below 4.85 volts.
theres a start for you buddy:)

Unfortunately I am not that knowledgable, I will just sell the adapter and buy an Amiga mouse.

Just wanted to add to this older thread, I have had the same problem. It wasn't that the right button doesn't work at all, but it is intermittent in its operation. You could tap it ....sometimes it would work.....you could hold it down and sometimes it took a second or 2 to register. Testing with a meter, the mouse clicks up until the CIA were working normally with the adapters (either taking the voltage high to low or vice-versa). So it is a rather confusing issue. I think Roy suggested testing the 5v, unfortunately I didn't do that, but I used the same PS with all the A1200 boards I was reassembling and they all worked perfectly with a range of hardware including DKB memory boards, PPC board, ACA board and CDROM/Hard drive combos. Granted that doesn't prove the 5v wasn't a little low (but at least not enough for the other hardware not to function properly).

I had numerous Amiga>PS/2(all same model) and one Amiga>USB mouse adapter. They all work on all the A1200 boards I had except 1, 2 A600's were OK, 2 A 4000's were OK. The A1200's were a mix of 1d.3 1d.4 and 2B....the one that didn't work was a 1d.4. As best I could identify, the 1d.4 that it didn't work on was a Commodore board, whereas the rest of the boards were all Escom (they had the floppy mod). I sold that system before really "wasting" time on it, but interestingly my other Commodore 1d.4 board I have modified with the "timing" fix for my ACA and the mouse adapter works OK, whereas the other Commodore board hadn't had the timing fix done. I cant imagine that has anything to do with it....but it was a curiosity.

I guess this isn't really a useful post...but some other interesting information to the problem all the same.

I now make a modified Mouse Adapter that fixes the right mouse button issue with later model A1200's.

You can find them on my ebay shop linked from my website retrocable.com

Back
Top Bottom