ACA 1220 16mhz cpu condition...

ElectroBlaster

Country
Exeter, Devon
Hi guys :)

I recently took delivery of an ACA500 and ACA1220 16mhz. I only breifly looked to make sure it was all there and ok, then packed it away. The wife is giving me them for christmas.

I did notice one thing about the ACA1220 and that was the cpu, I know they are re-claimed items so I did expect them to not be perfect. But mine has two nasty looking dinks on the top plate... Should I even be fussing over this?

Only a few days to wait so I can test everything. I suspect nothing is broken just the cpu looks a bit rough.

it should be ok,but it is worth testing it.

was the package damaged?

Last edited:
My ACA1232/40 cpu has exacty the same deep gouges LoL but they are reclaimed,it will be fine
jens dont let rubbish out the door :)

Last edited:
:D no problems

I guess its one of those things!

I know Jens never sends rubbish out, it just I saw the gouges and thought eh whats that lol.

The ACA500 looked mint! no package was damaged apart from the outer cardboard box that had been squashed. Both aca boxes were mint aswell!

Oh I must stress that I am really stoked whoever packed this used sellotape that was easy to remove so the boxes did not suffer any damage (yes I am that anal!) I like the boxes for these things to be nice, amiga stuff is always treated with alot of respect here (well counting out my daughter who thinks its useless tat lol)

Think it says when you buy them that the cpu's may have scuffs etc as they have been reclaimed... The wonders of dealing with 25-30 year old cpu's.

you are meant to check these when they arrive,present or not.
by that, i mean test it.
never assume its going to work because of who it was made by or who sent it.

you are meant to check these when they arrive,present or not.
by that, i mean test it.
never assume its going to work because of who it was made by or who sent it.

Wise words Roy and they come with a 2 year warranty !(y)

Well they're only going to be packed away for a few days, even if one was faulty good luck getting a replacement before Christmas!

I'm sure it will be fine, I'm pretty sure my ACA1232 has a couple of dings out of the CPU, it's never been a problem.

The funny thing is my ACA1220 CPU was mint and I had it removed and replaced with a nice Gold 25mhz unit :LOL: (Mine is overclocked to 26.7mhz, was originally 16mhz)

Back
Top Bottom