Unable to set background

Pictor

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Derbyshire
I recently setup my AOS 3.9 using WinUAE and setup a nice background, I then transferred this HDD to my A4000 and installed P96 for my picasso IV card, since then the background doesn't show any more just a grey background, I tried going back into prefs and selecting that one or another and no joy just won't show, it will let me set a pattern no problem just not an .jpg backgound.

Any ideas why as it worked fine on WinUAE just not on my A4000 with RTG?

Has your processor got an FPU? I think the Classic Workbench datatype for jpg's use an FPU. You could try and save it as another type of picture file like .gif?

I had the same problem when I installed a Blizzard without FPU in my A1200/Mediator.

Has your processor got an FPU? I think the Classic Workbench datatype for jpg's use an FPU. You could try and save it as another type of picture file like .gif?

I had the same problem when I installed a Blizzard without FPU in my A1200/Mediator.

I'm not certain to be honest, it's the A3640 processor card, so I don't think it does?

Is there a way to fix it on the Amiga as I've got no way of transferring files at the moment?

I'm not certain to be honest, it's the A3640 processor card, so I don't think it does?

Is there a way to fix it on the Amiga as I've got no way of transferring files at the moment?

040's normally have an FPU built in so that probably isn't the reason.

I don't know what else to suggest sorry.

Last edited:
How long are you leaving it once set?

It will take a while to appear as the processors are v. slow at processing the data for a hi-res background.

Mine can take 10-20 seconds to appear on my P96 setup depending on the resolution.

How long are you leaving it once set?

It will take a while to appear as the processors are v. slow at processing the data for a hi-res background.

Mine can take 10-20 seconds to appear on my P96 setup depending on the resolution.

I've been leaving it a good while, it's been on for most the day today :coffee:

Do you have any other files (other than jpgs) to try?

hi have a look on the 3.9cd or in the preset folder as there is many picture in thier for the desktop

Perhaps the jpg you want to load is just too big, as john says there should be son os3.9 default ones you can try.

Perhaps the jpg you want to load is just too big, as john says there should be son os3.9 default ones you can try.

Ah made some progress today :)

You might be on to something here, it likes the ones from the CD which are about 300kb the ones I'm trying to use are Amiga specific but much larger at about 2Mb, is this really too big? :(

If you resize the images to 1024*768 they should be about 300k, unless you have a mediator etc you will struggle as the Picasso only has 4mb VRam

I can't imagine you are using a higher screen mode anyway?

Back
Top Bottom