RetroZones

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Country
UK
Region
South West
Hi

I have found in the attic some power supplies that seem to belong to an Acorn unit - although i have no idea which one.

It says the following on the unit:

Acorn Power Supply - Part Number - 865 010 Output 21 volt 1.75 amp

I have attached a picture for you to see

It might be of real use to someone:

Does £10 sound OK?

Postage be around £8 as heavy

Thanks

Last edited:
I think it's for the Plus 3 acorn.chriswhy.co.uk/8bit_Upgrades/Acorn_Plus3.html. You don't have that as well do you? (y)

Thanks - I guess it could be, I really don't know - I don't think i've ever seen a plus 3 unit for an electron but it does sound about the right timescale. I cant see any power stickers on the pics to confirm the voltage etc..

I got an electron - not sure about this unit - i think it works as i stuck a volt meter into it.

Do you think it might be useful to someone?

---------- Post added at 00:08 ---------- Previous post was at 00:03 ----------

Acorn Plus 3
The Acorn Plus 3 was a hardware module that connected independently of the Plus 1 and provided a double-density 3½" disc drive connected through a WD1770 drive controller and an ADFS ROM. There were two versions of the Plus 3 produced: A Single-sided and a Double-sided drive version. Because the WD1770 is capable of single density mode and uses the same IBM360 derived floppy disc format as the Intel 8271 found in the BBC Micro, it was also possible to run a DFS filing system with an alternate ROM, such as the P.R.E.S AP4 interface.
The Plus 3 reset PAGE to &1D00, reducing the amount of free RAM available to user. The ADFS system could be temporarily disabled (and PAGE reset to &E00) via the *NOADFS command. Alternative WD1770-based DFS and ADFS interfaces such as the P.R.E.S AP4 and 'ADFS E00' products left PAGE at &E00, and did not require the presence of the ZYSYSHELP file (see below)
Disks had to be manually mounted and dismounted using the *MOUNT / *DISMOUNT commands, or using the CTRL-A+BREAK key combination. Disks could also be booted from via the standard "Shift+BREAK" key-combination, if the !BOOT file was present on the disk. This behaviour was the same as on the BBC Micro.
The Plus 3 included an uprated square black power supply unit with mains cord, manufactured by STC, designed and manufactured in England to BS 415 and BS 5850, that was designed to power the Plus 3, in addition to the Electron and the Plus 1 interface as well. This replaced the original cream-coloured "wall wart" style power supply, designed to BS 415 and manufactured in Hong Kong.
Original; Part no: unknown; input 220/240V AC/50 Hz; output 19V AC/0.737A/14W: Usage: Electron, Electron+Plus1
Uprated Part no: 865-010; input 240V AC/50 Hz 50W; output 21V AC/1.75A/36.75W: Usage: Electron+Plus3, Electron+Plus3+Plus1

Definitely a Plus 3 PSU. And they're a real pain to find so someone will be looking for this (y)

Hi, RetroZones. I'd be interested in the power supply, if it's still available?

I'm very new on AmiBay and still finding my way around. I've posted an introduction about my self which should give you an idea of who I am.

Can't PM, as yet but you can use my e-mail address (is it available to members? If not I'll post it cryptically here).

Dave H :D

PSU

PSU

As an update - I have found some more info.

These were an updated PSU as the original one for the plus 3 unit was under powered. A number of these PSU's were sent to the computer shop to replace the shop stock but for whatever reason weren't married up to the plus 3 units...

I do have a few of them and they do look unused. I would be surprised if there were any like this anywhere else?

PM me if you want one.....

---------- Post added at 22:59 ---------- Previous post was at 22:50 ----------

Hi Dave

Please PM me with your details (email address) and we can sort it out.

Thanks

Barry

I'm very new on AmiBay and still finding my way around. I've posted an introduction about my self which should give you an idea of who I am.

Can't PM, as yet but you can use my e-mail address (is it available to members? If not I'll post it cryptically here).

Last edited:
Payment Received and Goods Sent

Payment Received and Goods Sent

Hi Dave

Payment Received and Goods Sent - Tracking Number sent via PM

I still have some PSUs left. Everybody has been happy with the units I have sent so far.
PM me if u want one (y)

Hi!
Is there a Plus 3 PSU available? The price is £10?
How much is the postage cost for Greece?

Regards,
Christos.

Last edited:
The postage would be around £15 - Sorry, it's quite heavy

PM me if you are you interested in a unit?

Hi!
Is there a Plus 3 PSU available? The price is £10?
How much is the postage cost for Greece?

Regards,
Christos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom