Closed SID 6581 - 8580 replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found Mutants is the only game in my collection that has issues with the SwinSID.

So I guess one can switch between 6581 and 8580 on the swinsid on let's say a C64c without any issues? So it's not like to have it in 6581 mode you need to use it on a breadbin board and to have it in 8580 mode you need to use a C64c motherboard?

Money sent

Shipped

- - - Updated - - -

So I guess one can switch between 6581 and 8580 on the swinsid on let's say a C64c without any issues? So it's not like to have it in 6581 mode you need to use it on a breadbin board and to have it in 8580 mode you need to use a C64c motherboard?

Hello
It's fully compatible with c64 and c64c.
Just move the jumper to select the playing mode (6581 or 8580).

Thanks.

And that is really nice. So we can enjoy the good old 6581 sid without any voltage mods on a C64c. I only have the C64c machines and no breadbins, so that will come in real handy ;)

So I got the Swin SID today. Working nicely :) A few things. First of all the 8580 mode seem to have lower volume VS the real thing. However, when in 6581 mode it seems to have the volume up again. Also, when loading levels in Space Taxi and when the level is loaded, neither of the SID modes seems to play this correctly. Is this normal? Anyone else have this with the swin SID or is there something wrong? Other than that, thus far It seems to be working good with games I've tried. I understand now why many people prefer the 6581 SID VS 8580 :) All my C64s had and have 8580s. So nice to be able to try the 6581 in a C64c ;)

Last edited:
So I got the Swin SID today. Working nicely :) A few things. First of all the 8580 mode seem to have lower volume VS the real thing. However, when in 6581 mode it seems to have the volume up again. Also, when loading levels in Space Taxi and when the level is loaded, neither of the SID modes seems to play this correcty. Is this normal?
Don't expect it to sound like a real SID. I also have one and while it sounds ok, some things does sound quite different. A SID is hard to emulate, particularly in a pure digital chip.

Interested aswell.. Got a dodgy SID which makes weird noises when running the diagnostic carts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom