Not open for further replies.

fiat1100d

Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
Modena (MO)
Hi! I am looking for an adapter which lets you to put a 68060 CPU into boards which are provisioned for 68040 only, e.g. for putting a 68060 on a WarpEngine.

I saw elsewhere that there are shematics/PCB layouts around but would like to buy a finished product.

Expense

Expense

I was looking recently at such a device. They are often more expensive than a new accelerator board! Probably due to scarcity, I think a homebrew job is the way to go!

I wonder if this is a project for Kipper2k? I'd buy one in a heart beat if they were for sale!

I wonder if this is a project for Kipper2k? I'd buy one in a heart beat if they were for sale!

I would, too! Better if with "embedded" code for 68060 compatibility, so that it could be a drop-in replacement for almost any 68040 board. Otherwise I read that some other Flash memory board must be used for the Amiha to execute the required instructions (something related with caches management).

Seems like this is a dead end for a quick plug and play solution unless they sell you a rom solution to make it bootable...

Seems like this is a dead end for a quick plug and play solution unless they sell you a rom solution to make it bootable...

I would try to modify the WarpEngine ROM, since I have the ROM from an Apollo 4060 and I know some instructions need to be executed at boot to change CPU/FPU status or something like that.

Found this (still opened) thread, can be closed for me since I bought an anapter here on Amibay some times ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom