MP3 Player for playing games ? ( CPC 6128 )

Neil79

Country
UK
Region
Kent
Question : Is it true you can use an MP3 player on an Amstrad CPC to play games? Or am I talking bollox - I have this H2 Handy Recorder

Question : Is it true you can use an MP3 player on an Amstrad CPC to play games? Or am I talking bollox - I have this H2 Handy Recorder

I'm told you're supposed to be able to use an iphone so I would have thought an mp3 "should" work. I guess it's the noise going into the CPC which is important and not the format on which it is held. Volume settings will probably be fairly critical.

Best man to ask I would have thought would be Bryce. I would flit him a pm if I were you

BB

only works for tapes mate,you need a tape adaptor.

ive used it for speccys c64's etc,never tried it on cpc's as i couldnt find any tape files.

Yeah sorry you wont be able to load disk images this way

Tape files via the cassette socket should be ok though. I can sort you a tape lead for the 6128 if you need one chap.

Last edited:
Keep it aside till I can get hold of a tape player for the 6128 (y)

How much for the tape lead out of interest?

---------- Post added at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was at 23:27 ----------

375761_712441388798820_1730578011_n.jpg

BB does it look like this ^

It doesn't have those stickers on it but more or less yes (sorry just being obnoxious:LOL:).

Errrrrmmm,..... well, since you've had a few games off me in the past I'll let you have it for just postage, how's that chappy?

That's damn kind of you!

Give me a pm with payment amount and I'll send the money right over!

And more bloody good feedback I suppose :picard:lol:

ps I've been trying to spread the good word through fb about your for sale thread :)

Last edited:
That's damn kind of you!

ps I've been trying to spread the good word through fb about your for sale thread :)

It'll be sometime tomorrow as nothings going anywhere till monday and tbh I really can't be :censored: digging them out at the minute. Is that alright with you fella.

I know you'll be on about this time tomorrow anyway. I can always tell a fellow insomniac:LOL:

Cheers for the good words of course. You never know one day I might actually get rid of all my repeats (I seriously doubt it though).

That's damn kind of you!

It'll be sometime tomorrow as nothings going anywhere till monday and tbh I really can't be :censored: digging them out at the minute. Is that alright with you fella.

I know you'll be on about this time tomorrow anyway. I can always tell a fellow insomniac:LOL:

Cheers for the good words of course. You never know one day I might actually get rid of all my repeats (I seriously doubt it though).

I demand you go through your stash of goods and walk to my house with cable in hand (n)

:D

But seriously, just give me a shout on Monday with the details and I'll send the dosh right over, thanks again mate (y)

just use a converted pc drive on it,then transfer the "disk" images to 3.5 inch disks.

plenty of those on the net.

just use a converted pc drive on it,then transfer the "disk" images to 3.5 inch disks.

plenty of those on the net.

That's another option (y)

I'll buy the tape cable anyway as it's always worth having

Back
Top Bottom