CT3600 and MT-32

dougal

AmiBayer
Country
Malta
My MT-32 connected to CT-3600 SB 32 doesnt seem to work.

Its connected from the Gameport to the MIDI IN on the MT-32.

Is there a jumper or something that needs setting ?

The DIN connectors goes as follow MIDI IN DIN to MIDI OUT, MIDI OUT DIN to MIDI IN. So the MIDI OUT from the SB goes to MIDI IN on the MT-32.
You also must set port to 330H or 300H on the SB (better 330H - in a lot of games you can only use port 330H).

Last edited:
OK, the MT-32 works fine on my Win 7 PC connected to the MIDI ports on the Audigy 4 Pro breakout box and used via DosBox. So no problem there.

On my retro PC I have finally managed to install the Sound Blaster AWE32 DOS drivers and get them working as the installer would only work on DOS 6.22 / Win 3.1. So I installed the drivers manually.

I've got one of those Gameport to Midi adapters but the MIDI cables are not marked IN or OUT. They are just the same both black.

Also, what exactly would i need to set to use the MT-32? AWE32 option in games in DOS (proper DOS not command prompt) works perfectly.

Last edited:
AWE 32 works fine including AWE 32 mode in games.

MT-32 won't work at all with my set up :(

Problem solved. The fault was the Gameport to MIDI adapter which I bought locally for a total rip off price whilst waiting for another I ordered to arrive from China.

Well, the cheap but much nicer quality feeling Chinese one arrived today and I tried it out and guess what ? Works 100% perfectly.

Nice. I'm sure it works too as it's in great condition. Good luck ;)

Back
Top Bottom