slcroucher

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Country
United Kingdom
Region
Chingford, London
Hello everyone,

I'm after an HR7533 LOPT for my Philips CM8833-II monitor. Anybody have stock?

Thanks,

Steve

Last edited:
donberg is the only reliable place for these.

got any symptoms when its on?

best of luck.

if your worried about fitting it i can do it for you,because of the high voltage.and service it.
and i can modify it for chroma/luma.

Last edited:
It makes the whistling sound which goes down in scale when the power is removed. There is no burning smell!

A local TV repair show has all the parts except the lopt so they'll do the work for me if I can get the spares.

Thanks, just ordered one.

I'm tempted to do the y/c mod as my C64 does look pretty awful on the 8833 versus my old 1084sd2. What is involved?

fair enough,just remember to discharge the screen when you go in the monitor.

no it wont damage any components,it will damage you though if you dont do it properly.

you need a long flat blade screwdriver and a wire with crocodile clips on both ends.

connect one end of the crocodile clip to the black uninsulated wires coming from the back of the screen.(as you look at the set from behind they are on the right,youll have to look for them)NOT the deguas cables.or any other cables.
connect the other end to the screwdriver metal shaft.(dont use a insulated screwdriver for obvious reasons)

hold the insulated handle on the screwdriver(dont hold anything but the handle) and slide it under the cap on the ht lead on the screen and make it touch the clip holding it on.(you feel it stop when it reaches it)
you will hear a clap noise, hold it there for 2-3 seconds and repeat about 3 times.

take note here:
dont touch anything metal in the set with your hands.including the pcb's
keep your other hand away from the set when doing this.put it your pocket if you must.
make sure the set is off and unplugged before hand.

if you feel unsafe,dont do it.

you can send the set to me and i'll do the damn chroma/luma added parts for you if you feel insafe.

Last edited:
Donberg have just emailed me to say that they too are out of stock. Do you have any?

did they tell you how long for a wait? they normally do.(sometimes about 2-3 weeks.)
they are pretty good,just wait it out mate.just confirm the order with them via email.

no mate,i haven't got any,i just order them in when i need them.yes i have dealt with them before they can get them.

the part is made by hr dieman.

Last edited:
It makes the whistling sound which goes down in scale when the power is removed. There is no burning smell!

A bit late, but I have similar problem. Can you write me if replacing Flyback solved the problem? Was power LED light on your monitor lit while you had the problem?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom