Blogger
Rating - 100%
1041   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi folks!

I'm wondering if anyone is able to make up this kind of cable?

I have along with some adapters linked up my CDROM Audio to my Toccata sound card in my A4000 to the internal 3.5mm Phono socket, it works great but is not a solution I could use permanently.

I need therefore a cable made up that would be approx 30cm long and the 3.5mm Phono must be right angled.

Anybody able to help? I'll cover all costs of course (y)

Cheers!

Steve.

Last edited:
Hi Roy, cdrom audio output like you use for pc sound cards on old pc's

I can take a pic of my mock up solution to help, I'd just like something professional as it's for my project :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-gb; HTC_DesireHD Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

Last edited:
That's exactly what I need Roy, I can send you the cd audio cable to work with, I might buy the angle adapter from eBay though. I'll drop you a pm later. Thanks again :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.5; en-gb; HTC_DesireHD Build/GRJ90) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1

there is a link there for a right angled audio cable i can wire that to a cd audio connector if you like,no adaptor plugs straight it in both ends.

never know the difference.

Hi Roy!

Here's a couple of pics of what I put together already, the CD audio cable I found in my box of bits and then it's just a Stereo Phono lead to 2x RCA as you can see. You can also see why I need an angled audio jack :)

I'll probably grab the cable you linked unless I can find a similar one here at home, I have plenty of the CD Audio cables that you can cannibalise, I'd send you a few so that you can pick the best one for the job (y)

Thanks again for helping, you're a legend!

I'll drop you a PM later :cool:

Attachments

• P1070131.jpg
    P1070131.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 0
  • P1070132.jpg
    P1070132.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
To save you messing with the other bay for the right angled connector I can post this off to Roy tomorrow for you if you want.

Attachments

• P4060068.jpg
    P4060068.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 0
@Fitzy

A pleasure to assist.

Will be in the post tomorrow to Roy.

if you could just do me one small favor steve.

just measure the route out for tidy cabling and i'll make it that length mate.

when you post here i'll write in my notepad so i don't forget it.

if you could just do me one small favor steve.

just measure the route out for tidy cabling and i'll make it that length mate.

when you post here i'll write in my notepad so i don't forget it.

I mate, I was planning on doing just that with a piece of string (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom