Fastata Not seeing 2nd channel and other wierdness.

sneeker

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
Manchester!
Got a fastata mk1 That I got off rainbowat. been using it quite happily with a few issues to start with, today I decided to adda 2nd cf card onto the 3.5" channel.

IT really doesnt like it, If I plug it into the 2nd channel on the card, one way round it goes to the purple kickstart screen, and the other way will boot into workbench and as soon as the ATA3.driver runs it hangs, even if I remove it from the startup sequence and just run ata3.driver from a shell it hangs.

Anyone any ideas, the cf card is blank and unformatted, I ran diskpart and cleaned it using my pc. Planning on formatting it once it was in the amiga.

Not got any 3.5" ide hd's, and theres no molex in my amiga either.
Did try putting my bootable hdd that Im using into the adapter on the primary channel and it didnt boot either.

Not got any 3.5" ide hd's, and theres no molex in my amiga either.

I'm sure I've got a floppy power splitter that's got a molex on it and also a spare 3.5" ide.

I could loan you them to try as long as you pay postage both ways.

some cf card adapters dont like each other, the old master n slave problem

Using the worlds longed power splitter I got it to see a hdd as a slave on the primary channel, 40gb wd, hdinstools saw it as 8gb, my cf adapter also seems to work, if I plug it straignt into a the heater rather than through a short cable and gender changer, but ater quickly formatting it as affs just to test, I copied something to it and rebooted.. and it didnt re-appear.
given up for now, might just buy a 16gb cf card and have done with it.

Back
Top Bottom