Philips CM8833 MK2 rolling through RGB

Aysel

Country
England
Region
Mansfield
WIN_20140501_070516.JPG
Showing a guru error

Hi all, I have the above and when connected to the 4000 or 500s through composite I get a perfect (all be it fuzzy as to be expected through the 520 modulator) picture. However when connected through the RGB out on the Amiga 23 pin to the 9 pin RGB on the monitor the image just rolls and is bright pink or blue.

You can just make out the workbench desktop in the background.

The monitor has no scart connector, just RGB and composite.

The cable I'm using is a Commodore metal 23 to 9pin adaptor and a standard lead, it works fine with the microvitek monitor I also have.

Does the Phillips need a cable with some specific hardware in it or does it sound like its on its way out?

Thanks in advance for any advice.... Mat

Last edited:
Thanks Roy, ordered and will give that a try.

I have tried all the adjusters and buttons on the back and under the front flap. VHold slows the rolling down a little but no other changes or improvements.

it will either be you need a cable or the monitor needs looking at.

if the cable don't work you can send it to me,i'll have look.

If i remember rightly the connection on a microvitec is different to the 8833 . Of course it's been awhile since i looked at the pinouts

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks both... cable should be here Wednesday so will see how I go and update.

Thinking about it that could be where I am going wrong if the pinout is different on the Microvitek, I have tried a different 23-9 adaptor but not the basic lead so fingers crossed the dedicated cable will do the job.

Looks like a missing sync or composite sync signal, but since the Amiga doesn't send out a composite signal through the video port, I guess that leaves missing sync :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom