Amd fx-8120 cpu mother board and stock heat sink (possibly some other stuff 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShambleS1980

Softmodder/Tsoper/Repairer of old xboxes.
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Country
Wales
Region
Gwynedd
Hi, have an 8 core fx-8120 cpu here, works fine but my wife let me buy an i5 so i need to sell this chip on asap.
i would like £70 + postage for it and the stock heat sink. (still available)
"price drop to £65 + postage" (sold on ebay)

i can sell you a board to go with it for an extra £20 (motherboard sold on fee bay)
but its a 3+1 board so to use the 8120 properly the board needs its vrm's cooled down (i use a 80mm fan no heat sinks on it and that works fine)
(mother board sold on ebay)

The board and cpu are in use right now and listed on ebay. but i do need to get them gone as soon as possible because we need the money back in the bank.

its the 125w 8120 3.1 stock 3.6/4ghz turbo mode (8/4 core usage)

the mother board is a gigabyte GA-78lmt-2sp
it works just fine for stock speed if you have the fan over the transistors.
they are protected so it wont just catch fire (the worst that will happen is it will clock down to 2.8ghz for a second)

The setup works pretty well. Does come with a back panel.

so together would be £90 + postage
or separate would be
£70 + postage for the cpu (sold on ebay)
£20 + postage for the board. (sold on ebay)

----------------

I also have a tft monitor here 15 inch 4:3 jobby
comes with a 12v supply..
not really good was going to use its for a mame build but that never happend. it does work but it seems to be a bit brighter towards the middle. i had been using it on a old xp system that i then upgraded to windows 7, and after a while it wasnt noticable and never really bothered me..
£5 + postage

----------

and a Grand stand 2600 MK II
has its gun 2 paddle things and its power supply. works fine as far as i can tell.
plaid some tennis on it for a while earlier.
it does come in its box but the box is beyond tatty. (split corners, tape marks and general crumpled box syndrome)

I had a look at ebay to see if any were for sale and the price they wanted.. After i stoped laughing i decided to ask like £15 + postage (price dropped to £10+ postage)
reason for price drop:
decided to play it with the wife which was lots of fun "football mode and Shooting" (i hit 10 targets with 15 shots) but when we went to play the standard pong game my wife "player 1" couldnt hit the ball back. (worked fin in the foot ball version which is the same but with more paddles.)

so i decided to multi meeter the psu.
it seems to be out putting 12v when it should be 9v
So i dropped the price. Its a lot of fun but i do think to work correctly it needs the power supply over hauled. probably a resister or something in there needs fixing or similar.
Im not about to open it up and tinker with it whilst its for sale but there is the info for you.

----------

found my tp-link adsl wireless router 300mbps wireless n adsl2+
comes with its power supply and il include a adsl filter, but the box has been destroyed by the munchkin
it will be packed well though
£10 + postage ? offers accepted if they arent to low. i was using it with talk talk before we got fibre.

----------

also remembered i have a boxed xbox free style board. never used still in the box. but the box has tape marks and so on. not in good condition aesthetically but structurally its good.
£10 + postage

--------

i do have a couple of lga 775 c2d chips here some where after i upgraded a couple of media pc's
I know where they are i just need to get at them i will add them to this thread when i get hold of them..
both core 2 duos found and added for sale £6 + postage (sold to sardine)

if i remember that i have anything else that i can sell i will add it here.

Last edited:
Redundant post added info to the 1st post.

Last edited:
Which C2D CPU you have? E8xxx?

I currently have an E8400 living on my desktop and might interested in a little upgrade. Quadcores are a bit over my budget now.

no definatly not E8
they are lower end core 2 duos I pulled them to upgrade them to better core 2 duos. i seem to have missplaced one of them. the 1 i have is only an E2160 i think (its downstairs) the other one im pretty sure is better but not the best. 99% sure its an E6550
Was going to ask £6 + postage for both but i cant find the E6550

interest declared in C2D when you find them.

oh fliping hell.
Ok im going seacrching right now.
I know its in one of 6 places.. But so are a bunch of other dims and surface mount junk so it takes a while to sort them out.

no rush, i have a dell optiplex here with Pentium D915 and a C2D is a nice 80% boost in speed and lower heat.

found it. can confirm that they are an E6550 and an E2160
would have posted back earlier but had to do a candy crush level for the wife.
£6 + postage for them. and im in town tomorrow so can throw them in the post then.

-=removed redundant parts of this post and added to the 1st post=-

Last edited:
ok great, hit me with total cost inc P&P when you get time.

just out of curiosity did the grandstand work on a LCD tv or does it need crt for the light gun.

i just tried it on crt. all the lcd's are digital so you cant tune in analogue to them..

checked royal fails web page they say small parcell 1kg or less is about £3.20
2nd class is probably £2.80

Last edited:
oh ok.

just PM total price for C2D's cheapest 2nd class what ever ;)

-=redundant post added 2nd class postage price to previous reply=-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom