C= A2286 Bridgeboard (faulty?)

arti040

Country
Poland
Region
Lodz
Hi,
i have for sale C= 2286 bridgboard. All is OK with it but there was a problem with RTC module. I thought battery is just too old so I bought brand new RTC chip from one China manufacturer and replaced it but it still shows "Battery failure" on boot. I don't know why :( 5.25 floppy drive and ribbon cable included. Asking 60 Euro + shipping.

PS: I wanted to build "PC" A2000 machine with nice Win 3.11 preinstalled and honestly don't want to sell it, so if anyone knows what's going on or how to repair it, i'll be grateful for any help :unsure:

Last edited:
Boys, you are talking of different revisions of the A2286!

Arti040 has the Rev. A Board with the Dallas RTC chip and ptyerman is talking about the Rev. 6 with an external battery package! ;)

@Arti040: Normally the Change of the Dallas clock chip solves the Problem. Is the one you have bought really ok? You could use a really new replacement chip, the DS12887, too!

@BlindGerMan
Have no idea if it's OK or not... i bought "new", similar chip with label "DALLAS DS1287" and just replaced it.

Well, the Dallas DS1287 can not be really new, as ist production ended some years ago. Try to get a really new DS12887, which is the official replacement chip for the DS1287.

I had the same Problem with one of my A2286s, I socketed the Chip and put in a DS12887 => all fine! :)

Thread moved to Amioracle, where it belongs. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom