Beegle

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Country
Canada
Region
Quebec
Hi!
I'm searching for a number of odd / hard to find (mostly ISA) soundcards for an encyclopedia of computer sound and music that I'm building.

I am SEARCHING for those :
- Original Covox Speech Thing
- IBM music feature card
- MT-32 ('new' model, with small stereo connector)
- Innovation SSI-2001 (SID chip soundcard)
- Covox Sound Master, Plus, or II
- Pro Audio Spectrum (original 8 bits)
- Adlib Gold 1000
- Any ISA sound card using the ARIA chipset
- Reveal FX/32 or something close
- Original Ensoniq Soundscape
- Any other oddities you think I could be missing!

I would also be INTERESTED in :
- Boxed AdLib with floppies and documentation
- Boxed Creative Sound Blaster Pro CT1330 with floppies and manuals

Thank you for reading !
Ben

Last edited:
Bump.
I finally got the Covox Speech Thing today, and was also super-lucky recently when I spotted a Covox Sound Master II on eBay.

The month of July has been very good for my sound card hunt.

I was wondering who scouped that up.

If you're looking for rare stuff, keep an eye out for the FTL Sound Adapter that came with Dungeon Master:

http://www.mocagh.org/loadpage.php?getgame=dm

I happened to buy this game with the adapter many years ago. It's a really, really nice piece.

I've been told that it should work the same as a Covox but may sound different depending on the resisters used. I'd love to hear a comparison some time. Maybe we can do a jam session sometime; you with your Covox and me with my FTL. :LOL:

Last edited:
Thank you! The name was not mentioned in the auction, so I had to verify that this was indeed a Prometheus card. My list is getting smaller and smaller!

- - - Updated - - -

I was wondering who scouped that up.
Yep, that was me, and I paid more than I expected initially. I missed an auction for one Speech Thing, about a month ago, that ended at around 15$. I was pretty angry at myself :p

Maybe we can do a jam session sometime; you with your Covox and me with my FTL. :laugh:
Wow, I didn't know that they were compatible! We could piggyback them and make recordings, and compare how different they sound. Neat idea!

Well, shucks.
I bought and paid the Prometheus ARIA soundcard from eBay, and 13 days without news, the seller contacted me because they apparently oversold and didn't have a card to ship.
They issued a refund so that is good, but two weeks is pretty slow. Anyway.

The search for an ARIA chipset card continues :)

Interested in a boxed Turtle Beach Pinnacle Studio with the HOMAC daughterboard? Or a boxed RAP-10?

I already have a RAP-10 but without the box. Send me a PM with your price, maybe it could be a nice addition to my collection.

The Turtle Beach... I have never even heard of that thing!
Any DOS games it supports? Is it only an advanced SB Clone or does it have features of its own?

Got my hands on an Ensoniq Soundscape card today. And it's apparently one of the older models, potentially a S-2000.
I will make some recordings when I receive it!

As improbable as it may sound, I have found a BOXED version of the famous Adlib Gold 1000 sound card.
I guess I can now die in peace.:cool:

As improbable as it may sound, I have found a BOXED version of the famous Adlib Gold 1000 sound card.
I guess I can now die in peace.:cool:

Wow, congratulations! My guess is that you found one locally in Canada or did you find one anywhere else?

Somehow I wasn't notified that people replied, sorry for the delay!

Wow, congratulations!
Thank you Carlostex!

My guess is that you found one locally in Canada
He did find it in CA but had to drive a very long distance for it.
Correct! I drove 616km (382 miles) to get it.

I... I know. I hope you can forgive me someday, Artex.

Attaching the picture I posted in the other thread.
IMG_8168.jpg

I will scan the documentation and archive all the floppies in time, and make everything available.
Also wondering if cloning this card would be at all possible, since they exist in so small numbers.

^Holy ****! Looks awesome.

About cloning, it may be impossible as that bigger chip might not be available. Plus, its a much more difficult design to trace, at least when compared with other cards that are being cloned like the Innovation SSI-2001.

I would also drive 616km for a boxed Adlib Gold! Damn! :thumbsup2:

Sometimes you just are lucky. Recently I picked up a boxed Paradise Tasmania 3D, now second known card in existence. That was my kind of Adlib Gold moment :)

Last edited:
Just a quick heads up.
I have ordered one of these babies over at Vogons (thread).
They are a re-engineering of the original SSI-2001 "SID" 8-bit ISA sound card for PC.

Can't wait to do some recordings for this card.

Last edited:
SB Live! is WAY too recent for what I'm looking for at the moment, rootboy.
but thanks for the offer still :)

No problem, I didn't think so, the prices on Otherbay are pretty low. Contact me again in 15 years or so... :)

So are you surviving the Canadian winter? I was up there in '07 (in July, not February) and had the time of my life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom