A600 Denise replacing

supaduper

AmiBayer
Country
England
Region
west midlands
Hi guys
Thought I will share my mates A600 I just repaired , I deduced it was the Denise that was Kaput so thanks to the guys on here for their kind help in supplying me one (cheers Chris) ,I also soldered a PLCC socket in situ,just in case it needed to be swapped out again :)
we are now up and running and recapped to boot, he`s well chuffed

Another A600 saved from the retro dustbin !!

Pics of the job

CIMG0432_1.jpg CIMG0433_2.jpg CIMG0434_3.jpg CIMG0435_4.jpg
CIMG0437_5.jpg

Hey Mark,

Glad to see that the Denise chip came in handy and that the A600 is now working :) Good job (y)

Nice job! I do prefer socketed chips so much!

It is handy until it looses contact. The plastic base of the socket should be put back in place as it keeps IC in the right place where contact is the best.

Last edited:
Nice job! I do prefer socketed chips so much!

It is handy until it looses contact. The plastic base of the socket should be put back in place as it keeps IC in the right place where contact is the best.

The base is the same thickness as the original bud so it is in exactly the right place :p

nice work:)

the socket dont actually need the base to be there at all,just saying buds...

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words Guys :)

On another subject , I have noticed alarmingly after recapping quite a few A600s that the caps are starting to leak as bad as the infamous CD32 ones, so guys get em done sooner rather than later !

Hi
Need to do same is it any 52 way socket ? perhaps a part number please ?see if radio spares have one

Back
Top Bottom